Animal cruelty?? Thoughts - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Animal cruelty?? Thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #11
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Aside from trying to chase it off what else do you do there?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8812 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
might upset some other players juuuuuust a bit.

Is that a problem???

Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Is that a problem???
Some of the rednecks around here golf; which means they drink a LOT and attempt to play golf. I knew a guy when i was younger who got a badly broken leg from a drunken redneck in a cart on the course, when pissed about his drive the drunkard accidentally crushed the leg of dude waiting to tee off. Now, if some kid actually had dared to set off a firecracker during that attempt at a drive, maybe the kid would have the perma-limp.

I play disc golf, muuuuuch safer.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #14
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I guess it just seems juvenile to me.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #15

Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

Not really any worse than me throwing rocks at the cat that sells in my bass boat. now I read a story about a kill shelter that gasses there dogs and cats and one of them lived and was given a biblical name and checked out by a vet then adopted out it was on yahoo news two days ago. And I'm a dog lover I have always had lots of dogs up to 13 at one time. They described how they gas the animals and it really really pisses me off that there are kill shelters still where are the animal rights people on this. I have no problem killing a animal for food or if it is a threat to a person on doing damage to property. But to kill a dog or cat because no one wants it is wrong to me. Where the hell is PETA on this the shelter in my town is a kill shelter and I would like to see this changed in my town and all others I give money to the shelter in hopes that it keeps more dogs from being put down but I don't k ow if it really helps. I just don't see how this is not protested by animal rights activist as I said I hunt and only kill things I will eat ad do not hunt just for sport.

play the victim, be the victim

Old 11-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #16

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81
Not really any worse than me throwing rocks at the cat that sells in my bass boat. now I read a story about a kill shelter that gasses there dogs and cats and one of them lived and was given a biblical name and checked out by a vet then adopted out it was on yahoo news two days ago. And I'm a dog lover I have always had lots of dogs up to 13 at one time. They described how they gas the animals and it really really pisses me off that there are kill shelters still where are the animal rights people on this. I have no problem killing a animal for food or if it is a threat to a person on doing damage to property. But to kill a dog or cat because no one wants it is wrong to me. Where the hell is PETA on this the shelter in my town is a kill shelter and I would like to see this changed in my town and all others I give money to the shelter in hopes that it keeps more dogs from being put down but I don't k ow if it really helps. I just don't see how this is not protested by animal rights activist as I said I hunt and only kill things I will eat ad do not hunt just for sport.

play the victim, be the victim
I only want to know one thing. What is the cat selling in your boat? autocorrectors?

I agree on the rest of the issue you pointed out.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #17
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7779 Times on 4670 Posts
Likes Given: 9754

I agree with Tch2fly. I don't think it was cruel but it was kind of mean. I wouldn't have gone out of my way to try to hit the deer, but sometimes things happen.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #18
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

With a rack like that i would have been tempted to SHOOT the damn thing and put the rack on my wall and the rest in my belly.......but thats just me.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:11 AM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7779 Times on 4670 Posts
Likes Given: 9754

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I only want to know one thing. What is the cat selling in your boat? autocorrectors?
Mexican catnip.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 AM   #20

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Being a golfer (ok, I am a hacker, but I've been making divots for over 30 years), I can honestly say that it is nearly a miracle that he hit the deer. His swing is almost as bad as Charles Barkely's. I would have bet serious money after watching his practice swings and how he had lined up, that he would not have come within 25 yards of the deer.