Angelina Jolie: 'I'd Kill to Protect My Kids'

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Angelina Jolie: 'I'd Kill to Protect My Kids'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Angelina Jolie: 'I'd Kill to Protect My Kids'

Angelina Jolie: 'I'd Kill to Protect My Kids'

By TheImproper.com

Superstar Angelina Jolie is a fiercely protective mom. "If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I have no problem shooting them," she says. Spoken like a true bad-*ss mother (frankly, I'd defy any parent to deny they'd do the same to protect their kids).

Jolie, 33, who's expecting fraternal twin girls with hottie Brad Pitt, 44, says they have guns in their home to deal with harmful intruders. This makes sense, given their high profile and the millions of people who'd kill to get close to the Jolie-Pitts and their four adorable little kids. Indeed, rumors swirled months ago of a botched kidnapping attempt on their daughter, Shiloh, 2.

"Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one," Jolie tells London's Daily Mail. "And yes, I'd be able to use it if I had to. I could handle myself. I think there are certain combat skills that would come out....self-defense is important. Brad and I want our kids to learn it. They're going to get into a fight some day, so they might as well learn how to take care of themselves."

Jolie, who trained in martial arts and firearms to play action heroine Lara Croft in two box-office smashes of the same name, explains: "There's a side to me that people know is humanitarian, and there's a side to me that's a mommy. But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns. I don't want to lose touch with that."

Jolie plays an assassin in her upcoming action flick, Wanted. This is not the first time Jolie has played a hit (wo)man: she played one in the 2004 blockbuster, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, where she met and fell in love with Pitt (who played her assassin-husband). Wanted comes out in theaters June 27.

http://www.theimproper.com/Template_Article.aspx?IssueId=4&ArticleId=1641

Jolie owns Tomb Raider guns for protection

Angelina Jolie has armed herself with the same guns she used in the movie Tomb Raider, and wouldn't hesitate to use the weapons to protect her growing family.

The Hollywood actress, who is pregnant with twins, admits she and her partner Brad Pitt keep a gun at home for their own safety.

And her action roles in movies like Mr. and Mrs. Smith have taught her how to handle such a weapon.

She says, "I bought original real guns of the type we used in Tomb Raider for security."

"If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them."

"Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one. And yes, I'd be able to use it if I had to."

The superstar couple is also in favor of teaching their growing brood self-defense, so they can protect themselves when they're older.

She adds, "I think it's good for anybody to learn a skill when it comes to fight training, be it kung fu, boxing or kick-boxing, because self-defense is important."

"Brad and I want our kids to learn it. They're going to get into a fight someday, so they might as well learn how to take care of themselves."

Jolie and Pitt have three adopted children: Maddox, Pax and Zahara; and biological daughter Shiloh.

http://www.abc4.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=4b6204ce-75a0-4397-9fc5-b3370f40c473

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Yet another reason why I love her. It's about time someone in Hollywood had the stones to stand up and admit to being willing to protect their family.

I would bet those two, her specifically, are probably as well trained in firearms usage as most of the police units that might be called to protect them given they are living in the South of France....

JD

Old 06-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yet another reason why I love her. It's about time someone in Hollywood had the stones to stand up and admit to being willing to protect their family.

I would bet those two, her specifically, are probably as well trained in firearms usage as most of the police units that might be called to protect them given they are living in the South of France....

JD
I agree with you Dillinger 100%. Not all of hollywood is full of liberals and that is a good thing

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

What are the Tomb Raider guns?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #5

I believe they were mocked up H&K USP pistols. Given her hand size, I would say probably 9mm. This is a published report of the handguns used.

Here's another

JD

Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #6

Good for her! There's just something appealing about a strong woman who's not affraid of telling you how she feels.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

That's great for them. But, that doesn't mean they believe you have the same rights. I don't care for either of them and I don't pay much attention to what the entertainment world thinks about politics and social issues, but does anyone have any proof that they are pro-gun for anyone other than themselves?

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #8

Duly noted Scott, but by that same token, I haven't seen anything from them being with the Anti-Gun crowd either. I honestly don't know if they are pro gun, or not, but if they were anti-gun, I don't imagine these recent statements will sit well and will be very quickly exposed by the sharp eyes we have in the forum here, I am sure.

That being said, I have NEVER seen why ANY star ( music, stage, screen ) would take a position on any public issue and risk alienating half their target audience. Look what happened with Hanoi Jane. I just think it's suicide to a promising career to come out and say that 50% of the population is wrong about a certain issue. After all, look how well Obama faired after opening his big fat yap....

JD

Old 06-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #9
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Did her comments make her less desirable in her Hollywood circles? She's talking perfect sense....

Old 06-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #10

Still too early to tell, but considering her past roles ( Tomb Raider, Mr & Mrs. Smith, Wanted ), I would say that most people would expect her to own at least one gun. Any fall out would be from the "proper" community in Hollyweird like the Susan Sarandon/Tim Robbins types.

There has been a strong influx of female lead roles incorporating firearms usage and she has been one of the prime actresses for those roles. I don't think is the type of thing that will end a career, that is for sure, but there will probably be a little light fallout.

JD