Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > ammo shortage???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default ammo shortage???

i am not sure where this post belongs but why does this always happen? it seems worse now then ever! police are even low and cannot find there rounds to restock. this is a big red flag for me. i had to sell all of my firearms about a year ago because i lost my job, and cannot get any new ones for an estimated 3 more months. this is kinda freaking me out.... i want my guns! any opinions on why this is happening?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

The Democrats and liberals fighting hard for a ban on pretty much every rifle/shotgun that have a pistol grip or takes a magazine. This is causing a MAJOR buying craze. Certain calibers of ammo in almost nonexistent, and guns that are even remotely likely to fall under a ban are hard to find, and selling for 2-4 times their value.
All you can do is either pay the price, or wait until the buying craze dies down, and hope that there isn't a ban by then.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-15-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #3

Liked 2152 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
i am not sure where this post belongs but why does this always happen? it seems worse now then ever! police are even low and cannot find there rounds to restock. this is a big red flag for me. i had to sell all of my firearms about a year ago because i lost my job, and cannot get any new ones for an estimated 3 more months. this is kinda freaking me out.... i want my guns! any opinions on why this is happening?
Have you been asleep the last month

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #4

Liked 406 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 34

It's a terrible time to be buying guns and ammo. Prices are through the roof due to the huge demand and low supply.

I'm a FFL and all of the distributors I use are out of guns and ammo and backordered for at least 4 months on everything. Personally, I've stopped shooting everything except 22s, and only those in moderation. I'm going to wait this thing out. It's killing me, but I think I'm going to have to find a new temporary hobby.