Ammo restocked
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ammo restocked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default Ammo restocked

We got 100,000 rounds each 9MM/.223/45ACP, in at the shop yesterday from FEDERAL. Just in time, one of the owners said he was digging for ammo in the cracks of his truck seat to keep us going....lol. We were real busy this morning, and seems like nobody left without there 2 box limit of each. We sold ALOT of ammo today. But the bosses say things are loosening up, we are expecting another big shipment next week. Our range customers alone go thru more than 12,000 rounds of 9mm a week.

image03162013091150.jpg  

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #2

Liked 694 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
But the bosses say things are loosening up...
One can only hope that's the case. I have noticed magazines are available on a limited basis (at least Midway had some for a while..) and I scored 22lr ammo off Cabela's website yesterday (limit one box of 375 rds per order) at $27 per.. By the time I had forwarded a heads up to my brothers and shooter buddies it was sold out...

Old 03-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #3

We are selling 9mm Federal EAGLE for $17.99 a 50rnd box, 45acp for $24.99. I know its a lot more some other places. And members get a 7% discount plus no limit on how much they can purchase. I bought 10 boxes of each before i left today, even though my family reloads and we have plenty. Just seemed like a good idea, and i like the Federal brass.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 03-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #4

Liked 694 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
We are selling 9mm Federal EAGLE for $17.99 a 50rnd box, 45acp for $24.99. I know its a lot more some other places. And members get a 7% discount plus no limit on how much they can purchase. I bought 10 boxes of each before i left today, even though my family reloads and we have plenty. Just seemed like a good idea, and i like the Federal brass.
Cool. That's almost back at the cost per before the panic. I've been picking up a box here & there when I find it (& it does cost $$$). I'm the kinda guy who buys at least one box of something I shoot every time I get paid... so my stock is not great, but I haven't been down to zero on anything either. Just haven't been going to the range and blowing off a box of 50+ like before.

Oh well... It's lunch time. I'll go sacrifice a chicken to the ammo gods now. It's in my fridge, setting in a paper bucket... but it's the gesture that counts.
Please scratch Buster behind his ear tonight and tell him "good dog" for me. Thanks

Old 03-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #5

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I am hearing more and more of supplies coming back and better pricing. Good news.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Cool. That's almost back at the cost per before the panic. I've been picking up a box here & there when I find it (& it does cost $$$). I'm the kinda guy who buys at least one box of something I shoot every time I get paid... so my stock is not great, but I haven't been down to zero on anything either. Just haven't been going to the range and blowing off a box of 50+ like before.

Oh well... It's lunch time. I'll go sacrifice a chicken to the ammo gods now. It's in my fridge, setting in a paper bucket... but it's the gesture that counts.
Please scratch Buster behind his ear tonight and tell him "good dog" for me. Thanks
LOL...Will do, he is such a good dog. Especially since he has gotten a little older.

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Good news. It makes me think the amount of ammo I saw at the Central Florida Gun Show in Orlando today was not a blip, but a harbinger of good things to come.

there was plenty of all calibres at the show. Some a bit pricey, I saw $900 for a box of 1000 .223s, and I paid $40 for a 100 bag of 9s.

But, hell, it was there, and I needed it.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This