Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Ammo restocked (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ammo-restocked-86673/)

readygirl 03-16-2013 04:20 PM

Ammo restocked

1 Attachment(s)
We got 100,000 rounds each 9MM/.223/45ACP, in at the shop yesterday from FEDERAL. Just in time, one of the owners said he was digging for ammo in the cracks of his truck seat to keep us going....lol. We were real busy this morning, and seems like nobody left without there 2 box limit of each. We sold ALOT of ammo today. But the bosses say things are loosening up, we are expecting another big shipment next week. Our range customers alone go thru more than 12,000 rounds of 9mm a week.

NC1760 03-16-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl (Post 1178034)
But the bosses say things are loosening up...

One can only hope that's the case. I have noticed magazines are available on a limited basis (at least Midway had some for a while..) and I scored 22lr ammo off Cabela's website yesterday (limit one box of 375 rds per order) at $27 per.. By the time I had forwarded a heads up to my brothers and shooter buddies it was sold out...

readygirl 03-16-2013 05:04 PM

We are selling 9mm Federal EAGLE for $17.99 a 50rnd box, 45acp for $24.99. I know its a lot more some other places. And members get a 7% discount plus no limit on how much they can purchase. I bought 10 boxes of each before i left today, even though my family reloads and we have plenty. Just seemed like a good idea, and i like the Federal brass.

NC1760 03-16-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl (Post 1178089)
We are selling 9mm Federal EAGLE for $17.99 a 50rnd box, 45acp for $24.99. I know its a lot more some other places. And members get a 7% discount plus no limit on how much they can purchase. I bought 10 boxes of each before i left today, even though my family reloads and we have plenty. Just seemed like a good idea, and i like the Federal brass.

Cool. That's almost back at the cost per before the panic. I've been picking up a box here & there when I find it (& it does cost $$$). I'm the kinda guy who buys at least one box of something I shoot every time I get paid... so my stock is not great, but I haven't been down to zero on anything either. Just haven't been going to the range and blowing off a box of 50+ like before.

Oh well... It's lunch time. I'll go sacrifice a chicken to the ammo gods now. It's in my fridge, setting in a paper bucket... but it's the gesture that counts.
Please scratch Buster behind his ear tonight and tell him "good dog" for me. Thanks ;)

NitroxAZ 03-16-2013 06:29 PM

I am hearing more and more of supplies coming back and better pricing. Good news.

readygirl 03-16-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC1760 (Post 1178127)
Cool. That's almost back at the cost per before the panic. I've been picking up a box here & there when I find it (& it does cost $$$). I'm the kinda guy who buys at least one box of something I shoot every time I get paid... so my stock is not great, but I haven't been down to zero on anything either. Just haven't been going to the range and blowing off a box of 50+ like before.

Oh well... It's lunch time. I'll go sacrifice a chicken to the ammo gods now. It's in my fridge, setting in a paper bucket... but it's the gesture that counts.
Please scratch Buster behind his ear tonight and tell him "good dog" for me. Thanks ;)

LOL...Will do, he is such a good dog. Especially since he has gotten a little older.

Daoust_Nat 03-16-2013 08:18 PM

Good news. It makes me think the amount of ammo I saw at the Central Florida Gun Show in Orlando today was not a blip, but a harbinger of good things to come.

there was plenty of all calibres at the show. Some a bit pricey, I saw $900 for a box of 1000 .223s, and I paid $40 for a 100 bag of 9s.

But, hell, it was there, and I needed it.