Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ammo prices ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Ammo prices ?

Looks like the hoarding has slowed down enough that we are starting to see sales again. I have been seeing steel cased Tula .223 at cabela's for $4.00 a box, that's $200 fer 1k rounds.. Have seen 9mm on sale for $9 bucks

Hopefully now that that factories have been in overdrive for that last year places will start to get overstock and prices will drop back to better levels.

Anyone else seen good deals going on ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I was at Gander Mountain last weekend and the pistol ammo was still way high. Over $40 for WWB 100 rounds of .40 S&W FMJ. The guy behind the counter did not like it when I told him that was outrageous. He said, "Hey the prices are coming down." They had zero .45 ACP in FMJ's. I did not check out the rifle ammo.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was in Bass pro a while ago and everything was still outrageously high.
I was in a gun shop (big gun shop... really big) last week and their .223 were running for about 0.45 a round. However, I did buy two boxes of large pistol primers for poppa. So now he has 2,000 primers for his .45. Lets just say, he is happy.

Hey, I just bought a cap and ball revolver, what is a good price for black powder and percussion caps? (I am going to make my own balls.)

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 05-31-2010, 03:42 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
Looks like the hoarding has slowed down enough that we are starting to see sales again. I have been seeing steel cased Tula .223 at cabela's for $4.00 a box, that's $200 fer 1k rounds.. Have seen 9mm on sale for $9 bucks

Hopefully now that that factories have been in overdrive for that last year places will start to get overstock and prices will drop back to better levels.

Anyone else seen good deals going on ?

Sweet prices!

Haven't seen a box of 20 Federal .223 go for less than $20 here...but you *can* get 200 for $166, special bulk buy

Box 50/9mm pistol ammo will set you back $20-25.

So...pretty glad I use club reloads all round. Most people who get serious are into personal reloading, and I'm a long way from being able to do that. Hey could you blame us with prices like that?

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 05-31-2010, 03:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I was at Gander Mountain last weekend and the pistol ammo was still way high. Over $40 for WWB 100 rounds of .40 S&W FMJ. The guy behind the counter did not like it when I told him that was outrageous. He said, "Hey the prices are coming down." They had zero .45 ACP in FMJ's. I did not check out the rifle ammo.
At least at the Gander Mountain near me ammo prices are always higher than most.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1814 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 3727

Sportsman's Warehouse has some very good prices, the last time I checked! The next time I do a small purchase will be Friday!

I did pickup a box of 100 rounds from Walmart of Federal Ammo for 39.95 before the taxation thingy!

American Eagle Tactical XM193 at Sportsman's is going for 89.99 for 200 rounds.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #7

Here is a great shopping tool : ammoengine.com

Just select the caliber and it shows the best prices available for that caliber.

AmmoEngine: 9mm / 9x19mm Parabellum (Luger), Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

Old 05-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #8

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
Here is a great shopping tool : ammoengine.com

Just select the caliber and it shows the best prices available for that caliber.

AmmoEngine: 9mm / 9x19mm Parabellum (Luger), Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals
Thanks for the link. Just what I was looking for!

Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #9

Default .45acp

Someone, somewhere has to do something about prices for .45ACP.

Look at what happened to 9mm, way up then way down.

.223 is getting a little better. I hate to call myself a hourder, but I wish I could afford 10,000 rounds.

Keep your head down!!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #10

Default Local gun store

I just purchased 1000 rounds of .223 $270 with shipping. The local store had them on sell for $389. I didn't have the heart to tell him how much I paid..