Ammo Missing....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ammo Missing....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default Ammo Missing....

If you buy ammo from a display in the middle of the gun store do you open the box of ammo to check it-out ???...I have gotten two different box's two different times from two different stores and get home and a shell is missing....I'm not going all the way back for one bullet but it makes me mad that someone took one-out...Anybody ever have this happen to them ???.....I now open the box and people standing around look at me and I don't give a Rats-^SS what anybody thinks...My friend even said one time,I don't think your suppost to open them and I said nice and LOUD,I've been cheated out of ammo before but not this time....I'm CHECKING-OUT anything I'm buying from know-on even if the guy behind the counter hands-it to me......That's just the way it's going to be from know-on........I see stuff on the store shelfs open allthe time....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #2

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What I do with everything in question, I go to the counter and ask the clerk to open the package. 99% of the time, they will. The rest of the time, I just won't buy it.

If you explain the situation, I'm sure they would have no problem helping you out. By the way, missing ammo like you've experienced is the reason your not supposed to open the box. Kind of like gun free zone signs, and gun control in general, works great at making people follow the rules doesn't it?

Old 02-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2397 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 690

I picked up a brick of Blazer 22lr and someone had switched one of the boxes with some old corroded Win 22lr.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've yet to have that happen to me, but I've also only boughten four boxes of center fire ammunition. Reason I know it's exactly four? Me and a friend went shooting and since he was letting me use his rifle I bought it.

The first box I ever bought I never though to open at all. We got to his field and went to load up, turns out the brass was starting to rust and had spots all over it. So now I'm with you on. Checking every box before I leave the ammunition section.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i check mine also, as the same has happened to me in the past. the one place i occasionally don't is my LGS, as they tend to be much more reliable and trustworthy. any chain stores where ammo is accessable to the general public, always.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #6

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Its the same when your buying eggs, i always open the crate and make sure that all the eggs are there and none are broken. I always check the ammo,i have also heard stories of missing primers too

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Oh, great!

Now I have just one more thing to worry about. Gee, thanks.

I did have a shell missing from a box of 25 within a 12 ga. sportpack from WalMart, once.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I have never even thought to check, but I also haven't experienced this problem. The Walmart here locks their ammo up and the clerk will handle the boxes until you have paid. At my local gun store, I have never had any problem with their ammo (they are very reliable.) I might have to be a little more careful next time if I buy elsewhere, though.

I check my eggs, too...not because I am afraid one is missing, but because I am afraid one will be broken and make my refrigerator smell

Old 02-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #9

Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Yea...I've had broken eggs also,just the other-day........

Old 02-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #10

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I always open the box. Usually ammo behind the glass in WalMart hasn't had any problems but the sporting good stores are the worse here.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.