Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > American Made?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2263 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 155

I really doubt you can find a car that is 100% American made. There is outsoursing of componenets manufacture on ALL "American made" cars. Several years ago I bought a Mazda 626. The local dealer had both import and American made 626's. I specified one buiolt in Flat Rock, Michigan. I double checked the VIN to make sure it started with a "1". That car went over 250,000 miles before going TU.
I try to buy American as much as possible. I drive mostly Ford products. My wife's current Mazda 3 has numerous "FOMOCO" labeled parts even though it has a Japanese VIN.
My work issued Police Interceptor was assembled in Canada.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #12

the biggest problem in my opinion is that our raw materials industries have all but dissapeared. we don't use our resorses we use others resourses.. on the one hand it leaves us with resourses at the end of the giant chess game, but it leaves us with unemployed..

it seems to me we are becoming more of a service socioty. A lot of labor wind up unemployed... It seems like the ogvernment thinks we can retrain them all to be techno guru's.. bottom line is there is a level of socioty that will always be labor... and the jobs in that feild are drying up in american.... they are getting thelabor cheaper in other countries... so in that aspect I think the global thinking is hurting us... we are the worlds biggest consumer so why not use our own labor for the products we consume. seems like every other country is putting tarriffs on every thing we put out and if we raise rates on their products we get slammed... before the advent of the personal income tax our government was funded mainly through the taxes placed on other countries goods...meanwile we are sending unending ammounts of money out to almost every country in the form of aid....

I think there has to be balance and to me it seems out of balance right now..
buy american has a little more indepth meaning to me

Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

We have been moving to wards a service related workforce for a long time.

Part of the reason a lot of things are made over seas is UNIONS. Unions are killing the big 3. To many people want way to much money for screwing in bolts and pounding nails. I mean really do you need to make $30 an hour to put tires on a chevy truck? When they have a tool that bolts all the lugs on at one time and they have a machine that lifts the tire up to the truck.

We will always need some unskilled labor jobs. Janitors are always going to be needed, construction workers are always going to be needed. Today though there are places and countries that will build buildings in a factory then ship them to the site then bolt them together and plug in wires and hook up plumbing. I just seen a show on tv where a guy is going to build a factory in the middle of a subdivision build the houses there then load them on to a special flat bed truck and drive them no more than a mile to the home site. Once the subdivision is done they will tear down the factory and load it up on trucks and move it to the next one. He cut his labor cost by something like 75% all the workers are happier and seeing as your building in the factory you can work on on days that would shut down stick built home sites. Take the recent storm back here in VA MD DC. That guy could be building homes during the storm as long as workers could get to work. Where as many stick build sites are still shut down and will be shut down till the snow melts.

We are SENDING jobs like making clothing, and and other goods to other countries so we can focus on the service side of the business.

I am sorry to believe the USA and make a go of in the world today with out being active in other countries weather it is selling or buying is just stupid. The world is shrinking and you can see it every day. I can email people in Japan in a matter of seconds. I can work from home and video conference with people in CA, DC, Germany, Iraq and Japan all at the same time. your using this right now we are all from different areas and would never be able to talk unless someone provides us with the Internet hence the name ISP Internet SERVICE Provider.

Last edited by cpttango30; 02-17-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
We have been moving to wards a service related workforce for a long time.

Part of the reason a lot of things are made over seas is UNIONS. Unions are killing the big 3. To many people want way to much money for screwing in bolts and pounding nails. I mean really do you need to make $30 an hour to put tires on a chevy truck? When they have a tool that bolts all the lugs on at one time and they have a machine that lifts the tire up to the truck.

We will always need some unskilled labor jobs. Janitors are always going to be needed, construction workers are always going to be needed. Today though there are places and countries that will build buildings in a factory then ship them to the site then bolt them together and plug in wires and hook up plumbing. I just seen a show on tv where a guy is going to build a factory in the middle of a subdivision build the houses there then load them on to a special flat bed truck and drive them no more than a mile to the home site. Once the subdivision is done they will tear down the factory and load it up on trucks and move it to the next one. He cut his labor cost by something like 75% all the workers are happier and seeing as your building in the factory you can work on on days that would shut down stick built home sites. Take the recent storm back here in VA MD DC. That guy could be building homes during the storm as long as workers could get to work. Where as many stick build sites are still shut down and will be shut down till the snow melts.

We are SENDING jobs like making clothing, and and other goods to other countries so we can focus on the service side of the business.

I am sorry to believe the USA and make a go of in the world today with out being active in other countries weather it is selling or buying is just stupid. The world is shrinking and you can see it every day. I can email people in Japan in a matter of seconds. I can work from home and video conference with people in CA, DC, Germany, Iraq and Japan all at the same time. your using this right now we are all from different areas and would never be able to talk unless someone provides us with the Internet hence the name ISP Internet SERVICE Provider.

cpttango30 I do understand that our world is more acessable than it used to be. but I also understand that the majority of the worlds population does not have the acessablilty we as americans enjoy.. they arn't pumpin the net in every rice patty shanty or african mud hut... and the lack of "service" and the goods that require it make underdeveloped nations more competitive in terms of wage rates. I'm not saying we shouldn't do bussiness with other countries I'm saying we have a one way economy we buy buy buy buy and then we can't compete sellin in "world" economy on the same level as these underdeveloped countries. I think we should try and even the playing feilds for our selves. The "world" economy depends on american consumerism not the other way around. You got a different view I'm interested? this is just the way I see it..