An American Hero! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

An American Hero!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3751 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 1866

Absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind! This young man is a HERO and what men are made of. Instead of the pansies we are generating in our political correct world of soft skin and what about me attitude! God Bless this young man and his family and it thrills my heart to know there are soldiers like him out there that have the true warrior spirit. Bet he is a Hell of a person a good family man and a good friend! From an old Army Vet! "Semper Fi" in all respect for the Corp! And Thanks to him for his service and for his unselfish act of bravery! A True HERO!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
locutus Likes This 
Old 05-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #12
Liked 271 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Lt. Col. Anthony Herbert , in his book, Soldier voiced doubts about these stories of men throwing themselves on grenades to save their comrades . Herbert asked why they didn't do what they were trained to do : Pick it up and throw it back to the enemy .
In WWII, the Japanese sometimes kept a few extra sand bags handy for smothering grenades . Once, Americans took a pillbox and found 7 sandbags blown to bits . I recall I read this in Shots Fired In Anger by Lt. Col. John George .
Smothering a grenade with your body is a good way to get the Medal of Honor but don't try this stunt at home ...
Old 05-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #13
Liked 9214 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Grenades have this nasty tendency to bounce and just go a pinball. By the time you get your hand on it, it's been cooking for probably at least 4 seconds on a 5 second fuse.

Now, I would recommend jumping on a grenade, about as much as I would recommend hooking jumper cables to your scrotum (actually, there's a few I would love to do that to, but I digress...). Anyway, sometimes there's no time to do anything but just lay down and scoop it under you.

Enemy grenades DO get thrown back. But you don't read about those on Facebook or in the news...
Old 05-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #14
Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

A bit of a bio on him. Read the Comments to this story.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 05-12-2013 at 04:36 AM.