An American Hero!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > An American Hero!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Default An American Hero!

This is what a HERO looks like.

In 2010, he threw himself on a grenade to save his buddy.

We don't just see Lance Cpl. Kyle Carpenter in this picture.

We see an example of why we have our freedom.

We see a MAN among men.

We see someone we wish we could thank in person.

We see another reminder of why we should appreciate those who serve & have served for our country.

SEMPER FI to all you Marines out there! A Big BRAVO ZULU to all you Air Force and Army. To my brother Navy and Coast Guard, keep 'em sailing!

935023_484731728275730_2038541658_n.jpg  

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 05-11-2013 at 03:57 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #2

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Scars from combat are a badge of honor. What I see is a man I'd follow to hell and back.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 545 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

I see a GREAT MAN.
GOD Bless YOU young man.
People Like This 
Old 05-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

God bless him, the armed forces, and the country they all protect.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1570 Times on 961 Posts
Likes Given: 8011

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Scars from combat are a badge of honor. What I see is a man I'd follow to hell and back.
Same. My father served in the Corps for over 20 years. I have a very deep respect for all who serve, and all who are willing to lay down their lives to protect the freedom and lives of others, but as a Marine's son, they hold the place of highest regard. If I ever had the chance to meet Lance Cpl Carpenter, it would be an honor to shake his hand, and say 5 simple words that have deep meaning to so many of the veterans I know.

"Thank you for your service."

Such a simple thing to say, but it's meaning is much deeper for some of us. This comes from someone who spent more than one sleepless night, praying for the safe return of a friend or family member who is\was serving their country abroad. We will wait until they all come home, and we will welcome them home when they do.

Given that this is a public forum, I say the following. thank you to all who are serving, and have served our country, and thank you to those who serve by staying behind and supporting those who are serving away from home. Until all of us are reunited, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and come back to us. You are missed.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 05-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5553 Times on 3142 Posts
Likes Given: 4863

"Where do we find such men?"

Winston Churchill

Old 05-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #7

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I would much rather not see this. I am a firm believer in scorched earth warfare when dealing with muslims. That's just me.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #8

Liked 277 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07
I would much rather not see this. I am a firm believer in scorched earth warfare when dealing with muslims. That's just me.
Amen!!!!!!

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

I see a Marine, SEMPER FI......................

When all else fails.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 402 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Brave soldiers. Reminds me of a stories here present and past.

Quote:
A Royal Marine who threw himself onto an exploding grenade to save the lives of his patrol has been put forward for the UK's highest military honour.

Lance Corporal Matt Croucher, 24, a reservist from Birmingham, survived because his rucksack and body armour took the force of the blast.

He was part of a reconnaissance troop in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, in February, when the incident happened.

The Ministry of Defence said he could be considered for the Victoria Cross.
Quote:
Willetts was killed in Springfield Road RUC station by the Provisional IRA. A man in his mid-twenties emerged from a car and threw a suitcase containing a blast bomb into the lobby of the station. Willetts thrust two children and two adults into a corner and stood above them as the 30 lbs of explosives detonated seriously injuring him. Seven RUC officers, two British soldiers and eighteen civilians were injured in the attack. Willetts was fatally injured by a chunk of metal from a locker which had struck him in the back of the head. As he was being removed by ambulance, he and the injured officers were jeered by local youths who screamed obscenities at them. Willetts died after two hours on the operating table at Royal Victoria Hospital.

Last edited by manta; 05-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.
locutus Likes This