American Guns - Rip Off? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > American Guns - Rip Off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

This puts it in perspective: http://www.hausofguns.com/2012/07/11/behind-the-scenes-on-american-guns/

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #22

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
So it's just as we thought, staged. Oh well, that article does put it into a different perspective. Shows a little "method behind the madness" so to speak.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
So it's just as we thought, staged. Oh well, that article does put it into a different perspective. Shows a little "method behind the madness" so to speak.
The most important thing to remember is that it's a TV show. 9 times out of 10 if it's on TV it's there for entertainment. Thanks for posting the link guys.

"Practical Gun & Gear Reviews for the Average Joe Shooter"

Old 07-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #24
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfmdl View Post
Yeah there nothing that he did to that 870 that most people that own them couldn't do themselves. Anyone can just change gun parts
Considering the talents of dumb, dumber, dumbest and curly joe in the basement, i suspect it all they could do just to swap out some parts.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #25

Liked 2509 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 2410

So I guess this busts the myth of "you get what you pay for". Some times you just get f##ked.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
The most important thing to remember is that it's a TV show. 9 times out of 10 if it's on TV it's there for entertainment. Thanks for posting the link guys.
Who would of guessed the author was here I found the link on gunway and didn't know you were a part of the forum. Small community.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 07-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Who would of guessed the author was here I found the link on gunway and didn't know you were a part of the forum. Small community.
I'd say "author was here" is a bit of a stretch. I'm definitely a pretty scarce accessory to FirearmsTalk but I get by and watch the banter when I get a chance to every now and then. Watching the comments on different forums about how I got screwed has been pretty entertaining this morning.

"Practical Gun & Gear Reviews for the Average Joe Shooter"
orangello Likes This 
Old 07-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
I'd say "author was here" is a bit of a stretch. I'm definitely a pretty scarce accessory to FirearmsTalk but I get by and watch the banter when I get a chance to every now and then. Watching the comments on different forums about how I got screwed has been pretty entertaining this morning.
Well how much was the gun then?

Member:

Old 07-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Quote:
Apparently before we started filming when he found out about Haus of Guns he went online, looked me up, saw what I was about and had to say then grilled me with questions. He really seemed genuinely interested in the site and what we’re all about.
from the Haus quotations.

I like that part about him doing his homework.
I was also concerned that they just tossed out the original furniture and such from the beat-up 870. My favorite shotgun is my battered, old, second-hand Mossberg 500; when i changed out some parts to make it more in-house-friendly, i kept the original weathered furniture in the event that i may replace it as my HD shotty and want to display it ratrod style. To me, there is something cool about a working man's shotgun that is so old and so used that the blueing has worn off and the barrel has lost its sight bead.

I don't just LOVE the show, but it is great in comparison to some other firearms-themed "reality" TV shows. Less drama, more Llama.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 07-12-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Having spent some time shop ratting in a working gunshop I can't watch any of these reality shows about it. The prices are always outlandish and the projects are like they are right out of an episode of Tacticool Mall Ninja Quartlery.

The report ebbs did was a great read though and really went in depth why what we see has us all rolling our eyes, the guys doing it are rolling their eyes too... LOL

Many thanks to ebbs for popping in and enlightening us!

JD