Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > AMERICAN GUNS last night....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default AMERICAN GUNS last night....

Not thrilled with that episode.

Building the Scout Rifle for the soldier wounded in Iraq was great. AWESOME!

However...mounting the pair of Walther PPK/S pistols on the front bumper of the "James Bond" car was pure asshattery!

Number one...you now have TWO loaded pistols pointing at everyone and everything the car points at! Unless I am wrong (and let us just save time and assume I am NOT wrong)...that not only breaks the cardinal rule of gun safety, keeping the muzzle pointing in a safe direction, BUT...it is also ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON just by virtue of being a weapon pointed AT any person who happens to walk by the front of the vehicle! BY THE WAY....that's still a felony in any jurisdiction I know about.

I can't see ANY justification for this kind of foolishness. Oh boy....I want to have it for a "car show"....BFD! If you want to "James Bond" your ride....do it with NON-FIRING replicas.

If I was the officer that pulled this asshat over, you can best believe I would be arresting this guy...and I am the MOST PRO SECOND AMMENDMENT cop I have ever met. If I happened to walk in front of that car unbeknownst to me that there were not one but two, TWO mind ya, loaded guns (capable of being fired from the passenger compartment no less) pointed at ME...It would be ALL THE WAY OVER.

Rich Wyatt....cool...groovy...you have a great gun shop, but as a former cop YOU FREAKIN' WELL OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER!

UGH!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 97 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I did not see the show but from your description, the car sounds like an all around BAD idea...

Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #3

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Agree on all points! And the guns they DID put on the car? PPK's? Really?
They did a great job with the rifle for the wounded vet, though. I'm surprised they didn't give it to him though. They only said they didn't make much money on it.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 11-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

from what i have seen from this new fad of "Reality gun show" i am NOT IMPRESSED....I LOVE the guns, i love the shooting but by in large its STUPIDITY at its finest and NOT a good image of your normal run of the mill gun nut.

Its fluff and flash, that why they have the blond girls packed into sausage casings as "characters". (not that i am against relatively hot chicks packed into sausage casings mind you)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #5

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
from what i have seen from this new fad of "Reality gun show" i am NOT IMPRESSED....I LOVE the guns, i love the shooting but by in large its STUPIDITY at its finest and NOT a good image of your normal run of the mill gun nut.

Its fluff and flash, that why they have the blond girls packed into sausage casings as "characters". (not that i am against relatively hot chicks packed into sausage casings mind you)
Agreed, I saw one episode and that was enough for me. It's back to the Outdoor channel for me.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Dumb....but DAMN.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
Dumb....but DAMN.
INDEED!!!!!

I'll see your damn and raise you a WOWZERS!!

My next question is, How many $$$$ worth of hollyweirds finest plastic Dr.s do those two represent???

Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #8

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

That's what late night HBO and Showtime channels are for gentlemen.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
That's what late night HBO and Showtime channels are for gentlemen.
Dont have those here.... so i gotta take what i can get.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
Dumb....but DAMN.
This is what I think they are hoping will make people watch the show!

I liked the scout rifle and I agree that the guns on the car are nothing but bad...bad...bad!!!

I wanted paintball guns mounted on my vehicle with the black balls with colored paint in them for drivers who cut me off. But soap washes off...bullets do not!