The american flag fights back!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The american flag fights back!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a question that I guess would fit this topic since it is about revenge and flag burning.

Concider me old fashioned but I still concider this to be a Christian nation born of Christian values and built on those core beleifs. It is those core values that allow our people to be free and even allow our people to pray to whatever God they want.
Our flag is a symbol of those values and beleifs. We work, fight, love, live, and die under that flag. To burn it is disgusting and spitting in the face of any Patriotic American.
Now, I understand that it is a matter of free speech and with that freedom comes a cost. Okay...I can live with that.
What if.......
What if I were to say....I dunno.......
What if I were to make a video of me pissin on the koran? I mean, I am only expressing myself in a non violent manner......right? That should be okay, right?

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
I have a question that I guess would fit this topic since it is about revenge and flag burning.

Concider me old fashioned but I still concider this to be a Christian nation born of Christian values and built on those core beleifs. It is those core values that allow our people to be free and even allow our people to pray to whatever God they want.
Our flag is a symbol of those values and beleifs. We work, fight, love, live, and die under that flag. To burn it is disgusting and spitting in the face of any Patriotic American.
Now, I understand that it is a matter of free speech and with that freedom comes a cost. Okay...I can live with that.
What if.......
What if I were to make a video of me pissin on the koran? I mean, I am only expressing myself in a non violent manner......right? That should be okay, right?
I bet these guys would be a little more pissed than most of us here as we tend to respect the rights of others more than them
but I think they'd be laughing there pjs off if the koran flew up and hit ya in the junk while you were peein' on it

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

HA! Karma just set your AZZ on fire

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post

What if.......
I think it would be OK, and it might erk me if that were my religion or flag, but I understand that some people have their own beliefs. Would I get mad and shoot someone, NO. Would I even say something to them, NO. Thats is their rights.

But, I think the flag and christianity are two TOTALLY seperate things. I am actually studying that in Theology right now in college. Tying the flag/america in to christianity is like tying all men to crime.

Christianity was not born in the USA. I am a christian and believe in the flag as a way of life/liberty/day to day civilization.

No offense intended. Great statement!

Mossberg 835 3.5 inch, 24inch ported, Knoxx Stock
Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22
Bergo .22 revolver - handed down from Great Grandpa
Chinese SKS Matching Numbers with all extras

Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #15

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I was a lot younger when I first became aware of people desecrating the US Flag as some form of protest or freedom of speech.

I found it repugnant then and I find it repugnant now. Anyone that can't respect the US Flag as a sovereign symbol of this country can take the next flight out. And god help anyone who would try this **** in front of me.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 11-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I was a lot younger when I first became aware of people desecrating the US Flag as some form of protest or freedom of speech.

I found it repugnant then and I find it repugnant now. Anyone that can't respect the US Flag as a sovereign symbol of this country can take the next flight out. And god help anyone who would try this **** in front of me.
I feel the same way. But we are in a pickle. Does not what we believe in, fight for, and preach, allow someone to do that? It might make us mad, (make me want to drop them in the lake with a large brick conveinantly tied to their ankle), and spit at them for degrading what they have, BUT what they are doing is excersizing their rights as freedom of speach and so forth.

I agree with you. If someone did that in my neighborhood, I would react in an angered way. But, how can we fight for the USA, and the flag, but not uphold its beliefs of freedom of speach, religion, and so forth.

Guess i'm just a country boy, stuck in his own set of beliefs, and will probably react in a way that is not mild mannered if someone did that in front of me.

SHIP 'em out!

Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22

Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 AM   #17

Afterthought: Before anyone replies with "how can someone burn the flag of the country they believe in or live in", I want to say this.

Burning the flag is just the same as not backing the President that is in office.

I do not back the president that is in office. Might he make a decision I agree with one day, sure. But......

I am Republican, do not believe in his ways and methods, but still love my country. Do I want to burn a flag, no (unless my family depends on the heat to warm us cause we are in a depression so great that it comes to that).

But, thats why I love our country, our flag, and what it stands for. Be heard and have freedom of speach and practices. Aside from the logical, Burn mutha****** for burning what we believe in!!!!!!

Come get you some of this:

Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22

Old 11-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps37033 View Post
Afterthought: Before anyone replies with "how can someone burn the flag of the country they believe in or live in", I want to say this.

Burning the flag is just the same as not backing the President that is in office.

I do not back the president that is in office. Might he make a decision I agree with one day, sure. But......

I am Republican, do not believe in his ways and methods, but still love my country. Do I want to burn a flag, no (unless my family depends on the heat to warm us cause we are in a depression so great that it comes to that).

But, thats why I love our country, our flag, and what it stands for. Be heard and have freedom of speach and practices. Aside from the logical, Burn mutha****** for burning what we believe in!!!!!!

Come get you some of this:

We are in a recession not a depression. The president is one man and our flag IMHO is the symbol of everyone that lives in the greatest country on earth. Many have fought and died to keep that flag. To burn it is an insult to every American, a slap in the face to anyone that ever served in the military. Seeing that towelhead go up in flames in his PJ's made me grin big.

Might not be PC for you or the president but for most Americans it is a grin. The day your burning the American flag to keep you and yours warm is far after you made an effort. I'd rather be found frozen wraped in that flag than to burn it.
My 2C

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #19

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Does not what we believe in, fight for, and preach, allow someone to do that?
The difference is that I do not beleive that burning the US Flag is an example of freedom speech. I see it as a direct attack on the sovereign USofA.

Quote:
Again I will have to disagree. Not supporting a Politician that wins a popularity contest is not the same as destruction of sovereign soil.

It all boils down to what I beleive the US Flag is and not just what it represents. If burning the US Flag is acceptable what's to say that razing the Washington Monument isn't?

As I said, if someone wants to try and exercise their freedom of speech in that manner in my presence than i will try to exercise my forehead into their face.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
The difference is that I do not beleive that burning the US Flag is an example of freedom speech. I see it as a direct attack on the sovereign USofA.

Again I will have to disagree. Not supporting a Politician that wins a popularity contest is not the same as destruction of sovereign soil.

It all boils down to what I beleive the US Flag is and not just what it represents. If burning the US Flag is acceptable what's to say that razing the Washington Monument isn't?

As I said, if someone wants to try and exercise their freedom of speech in that manner in my presence than i will try to exercise my forehead into their face.
I like that! "Forehead in to face". Thats a great, age old tactic that works very well! I am not arguing the fact that I would do the same, I am arguing the fact of what our nation has become. What you and I stand for is different then what "the Flag" now stands for. *** Had to add this*** If the flag and our "sovereign" still had the same meaning and beliefs you and I stand for, my son would still have to say the pledge of alliegance when he starts school in 2.5 years. Ahhhh, what have we become and what has this great country come to. Do you remember...... This is another thread.....

If someone lit a flag in front of me, I feel that I would react the same as if a man slapped my wife. Two different scenarios, same reaction: Seeing red, reacting, then thinking.

Ruger SR9c
XD 9mm 5"
Marlin 30-30
Marlin Model 60 .22

Last edited by jps37033; 11-19-2009 at 06:15 AM.