Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > America Alone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default America Alone

Upon a recommendation from the fuzzy phallus I bought America Alone by Mark Steyn. Wanted to throw up a few thoughts about it...

First off, it is well worth the read. Recommend it. It is a fairly quick read, took a couple of evenings to get through it. However, like JD said it is dry and loaded with statistics at points. But they are necessary to prove the author's point.

Some things were a surprise to me, a lot I was already aware of. IMO he identifies three issues that are the crux of the problem (although his chapters aren't broken into these three areas distinctly). I'll try not to spoil any potential readers and keep it as general as possible so you can enjoy th ebook on your own.

The death of the western culture will come as a result of population growth and lack of, the political correctness and appeasement toward a culture that is incompatable with ours, and finally a lack of willingness for the "moderates" to publically comdemn the actions of the "extremists".

The population statistics are disturbing. The author put it in terms of "x country will lose half of its population every 20 years" due to low, non sustainable birth rates. He provides data that supports his arguments very well. Again, very dry but worth the effort.

He makes an argument that we will lose out to a culture that will not fight us outright, but will win via a concerted effort to out-breed and leverage our self-loathing and political correctness. He uses Europe as the current example and although there are some comparisons between us and them, he contends that we aren't there yet. But we could be eventually.

The lack of outcry over acts of violence from within is another enabler for the spread of the extremism. Although he talks about this, I believe he could have spent a little more time on the subject and not detracted from the work.

My interest was mostly peaked by his examples of concessions made by the westerners. Europe is in the later stages of the spread, but it doesn't take long. It is an exponential growth once it starts.

I think he is right on track with his assessment of how Europe will go. They don't have the sack to prosecute a fight, even on their own turf. Through a lack of will they will succomb to the muslim will in a couple of generations. Have fun with that one. Think you can co-exist in a muslim country? Try taking a Bible through Saudi Arabia and see what happens. Try flying through Saudi and see which airport terminal you go through because you are a "non believer". Try driving toward mecca. Make sure you exit at the sign that says (in English) "non believers exit now". No kidding.

I agree with the author, we have grown so self-loathing and apologetic over the years as a nation. We seem to equate pride with hate for others. I disagree with this completely. I am PROUD to be in the greatest Nation the earth has ever witnessed. I am proud of my heritage, my religion, my family, my Country, my state. It doesn't mean I hate yours.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Excellent Post Hillbilly. Really well written and conveyed much of what I had taken from the book.

It was truly disturbing that through the reading, so you could see the outright "infiltration" of Europe just as described the stages of cancerous growth from the inside to get to the point of almost complete surrender in very little actual time.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to anyone wishing to gain some insight into the future in our continued "non-battle" with Islam.

JD

Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #3

Do I smell a book review thread? Possibly the FTF Book Club?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 02-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I've lived with this for years here in LA. Many of the billboard is my neighborhood are in Spanish. About half our radio stations are Spanish speaking. I think I heard that 80% of the public school children are Mexican descent. We now have a mayor of Mexican descent, and he is thinking of running for Governor. I am by far a minority in this city now. And once Obama and the dems. give amnesty to all the illegal living here, this part of the country will in effect belong to Mexico by way of illegal immigration and breeding.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I read it a couple of years ago. I think he had a good point about what Europe is doing, but I really didn't like the subtle (well oftentimes not so subtle) theme of working to ensure that white people come out on top. His motivations were far too racial and had much less to do with protecting the republic than they did with xenophobia.

Also, I think a book review subsection would be a great addition

Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Do I need a bread av? Maybe are marietta truck?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Do I need a bread av?
Only if you want to join SIR Benning Boy's posse of taunting me with my lone food weakness... LOL

JD

Old 02-26-2009, 11:17 PM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Only if you want to join SIR Benning Boy's posse of taunting me with my lone food weakness... LOL

JD
Dang it, JD! You are gonna make me call you on this.

PIZZA, YUMMY PIZZA

Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Dang it, JD! You are gonna make me call you on this.

PIZZA, YUMMY PIZZA
I do love's me some pizza, but I can stay away from it, even though every Friday is pizza day at the shop. I love pizza, and I love to eat it, especially when fresh, but there are only a few places I have found in the country that have truly UNBELIEVABLE pizza that I can't say no too.

Donato's in Indianapolis is Amazing

There is this street corner pizza that is part of a chain in Chicago, it's called, 'Cago Boys or something like that, that is truly great.

West Coast Pizza in San Francisco, or was that Left Coast ( ? ) has the best crust and alfredo sauce I have ever had. I ate that twice a week when I was there...

But around here, in Washington, I haven't found a pizza I can't do without.

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some pizza, but if I had my choice between Washington Pizza, and Hot Sourdough with whipped butter, I am ALL ABOUT the sourdough... LOL

JD

Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I think JD just ate his keyboard

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."