America is alive and well - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > America is alive and well

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks, hillbilly68! It's the encouragement I need to get out of the urban area (which I'm frantically working on).

Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #12

Good post hillbilly68. In that same vein, with as many problems as we have, this is still the best country in the world in which to live. We're currently going through some trying times, but we've gone through them before, and we always seem to come out of them with very few negative changes in our way of life.

In my mind, the biggest problem we have is apathy. When things are going well, most people don't know or care about much besides they're immediate needs and personal interests. (I'm as guilty as the next guy.) It's only when the chips are down that they get concerned, and by then it's usually to late to take intelligent, rational action to get things back on course.

One positive aspect of the current situation is that people are expressing their opinions and engaging in conversations. We need to not only keep it up, but to become even more active. Write your Congressmen, your governor, your local and state representatives. Make your opinions known and encourage your friends and relatives to do the same. If you think that your voice doesn't count, just take a look at what happened when the bailout bill was first put up for a vote. Congressmen received so much negative mail that many of them voted against it for fear of not being re-elected. All other considerations aside, you'll feel a lot better after you've made your opinions known.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #13
cbw

Right on Hillbilly

[The odds are always 50/50