Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > America is alive and well

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default America is alive and well

OK, to ease JD's mind and put something positive up on the forum...

I can report that America is alive and well. At least for a moment last weekend. I went to the local range as I like to do on the weekends. It is run by the state natural resource department, a very nice facility. I got there a half hour after opening and just smiled to myself as I saw the packed parking lot full of trucks, jeeps and SUVs. I could hear everything from magnum rifles down to 22s firing at the covered bays as I got my weapons out. I checked in and headed to the line. When the first cease fire was called I watched as the shooters appeared behind the line and saw grandfathers with grandsons, fathers with daughters, groups of young men and single shooters that had that sense of quiet purpose about them. I saw more than once during the morning instances of "here, you want to shoot this?" I thought to myself this is what it is all about.
So the heart is still here. Its easy to get caught up in the "going to hell in a hand basket" (sure, we do have our problems) but go into your weekend knowing that there is a lot of good too. So get out there and get after it gents, maybe I will see some of you this weekend.

regards

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Awesome post brother - That's some gun range soup for the soul right there...

I needed that going into the weekend....

JD

Old 10-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #3

Amen! We arent all wanna be killers collecting guns for the apocalypse, were mostly sportsmen and sportswomen who love what we do and do it safely. Its something thats been passed down from generation to generation. Its who we are and god willing who we will always be.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 10-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Thanks, hillbilly. You're right -- America is alive and well, and it's important not to lose faith in Americans.

There are some problems in D.C. right now, but nothing we can't overcome.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #5

I also think we find it easy to get caught up in this high speed life and not be satisfied with things that matter most,like life itself. Let's slow down an think about what makes us happy. America is OK

Old 10-05-2008, 04:11 AM   #6

Great post hillbilly68!

It's nice to read something nice that creates a genuine and warm smile.

Dillinger is absolutely correct in his statement that IS "some gun range soup for the soul right there..."

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:18 AM   #7

Default America is Alive and Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post

I can report that America is alive and well. At least for a moment last weekend. I went to the local range as I like to do on the weekends. It is run by the state natural resource department, a very nice facility. I got there a half hour after opening and just smiled to myself as I saw the packed parking lot full of trucks, jeeps and SUVs. I could hear everything from magnum rifles down to 22s firing at the covered bays as I got my weapons out. I checked in and headed to the line. When the first cease fire was called I watched as the shooters appeared behind the line and saw grandfathers with grandsons, fathers with daughters, groups of young men and single shooters that had that sense of quiet purpose about them. I saw more than once during the morning instances of "here, you want to shoot this?" I thought to myself this is what it is all about.
So the heart is still here. Its easy to get caught up in the "going to hell in a hand basket" (sure, we do have our problems) but go into your weekend knowing that there is a lot of good too. So get out there and get after it gents, maybe I will see some of you this weekend.

regards
When we get out among real people. We are able to see the truth about America. Not just the bull coming from Washington about America.

A armed man is a citizen. A unarmed man is a subject.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I took my daughter to the range Sat. as well.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post

regards
Thank you for that Bro! I've been pretty bitter for a long time and you just made me feel like a million bucks

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"We must indeed hang together or assuredly we will all hang seperately."
Ben Franklin

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

Old 10-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2832 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 16886

Thanks,I needed that.