The amazing Kelly Kettle (Volcano Kettle) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The amazing Kelly Kettle (Volcano Kettle)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
OMG! ESBIT! Now there's a word/acronym I haven't heard in 25 years! Didn't even know that was still around! I used to have an ESBIT powered "steam engine" when I was a kid. Memories!

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 03-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Alright, originally I posted for the Kelly Kettle. I thought it is a good setup since, you have free unlimited fuel source, a kettle to boil water even in the worst conditions, and a cooking set. However I do agree this is great for long treks. Still worth every penny.

However, I too have made some homemade wood burning stoves in the past. I would love to hear some ideas from other people that have homemade, not bought, trail stoves.

I use to make a wood stove by drilling a bunch of holes at the bottom and the top of a coffee can. Then cut a 2" hole about 1/2" from the top to toss wood in. worked pretty well for cooking. Acts just like a chimney. I guess it would be a modified hobo stove. I would cut both top and bottom off and use 2 plastic tops so I could use it as storage when traveling.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending