Am i a traitor? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am i a traitor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Recognize this guy?
Looks like some guy named Ford...Hank or something like that...

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #62

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Just get a Jeep and jack her up!

There is a reason you see so many old ones on the road still ya know? That straight 6 will take you to hell and back if your willing to feed her!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Last edited by BigByrd47119; 05-06-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #63
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 974 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 230

If you are going to work the bed of a pickup, the Tokyo vehicles have the thinnest sheetmetal. Next is dodge, then Chevy, and ford is the thickest. Similar with the frame. A F250 frame is some thick stuff.

Creature comforts inside the cab, tuff to beat a Chevy in that dept. Ford's are more business.

Last edited by AR10; 05-06-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #64
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 974 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I purchased a Kenworth T2000 that I insure as a pickup, and licence as a motor home toy hauler. It only gets six miles per gallon, but if you want a tuff truck, get a Kenworth! Air suspension axles, cab and seats. Better ride than a Cadillac. Great view of the scenery, pull off and sleep in any Wal-Mart, fridge, indoor plumbing. No CDL needed, because it is licenced as a motor home.

forumrunner_20130506_013125.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #65

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 647

Ar10, where did you get all your specs no the gage of the sheet metal? And tell us more about how you register and insure a tractor trailer as a pickup, and have no CDL to drive it. Generally, DOT doesn't care what kind of trailer you are hauling. If I'm not mistaken, at a certain GVW, and with the addition of air brakes, it's automatically a CDL needed. And Class A too, because you got a bendy trailer.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #66
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1333 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Ar10, where did you get all your specs no the gage of the sheet metal? And tell us more about how you register and insure a tractor trailer as a pickup, and have no CDL to drive it. Generally, DOT doesn't care what kind of trailer you are hauling. If I'm not mistaken, at a certain GVW, and with the addition of air brakes, it's automatically a CDL needed. And Class A too, because you got a bendy trailer.
This must be a state thing, because in Kalifornia, it's based on GVW and number of axles. Get pulled over in that without a CLass A and the state will fine you out of existence!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 05-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #67

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

My state? Air brakes alone goes into CDL land. These are all income sources for the authorities.

GM still = government motors.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #68

Liked 58 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Just get a Jeep and jack her up!

There is a reason you see so many old ones on the road still ya know? That straight 6 will take you to hell and back if your willing to feed her!
Only take this advice if you have deep pockets and love throwing money away. My 03 TJ is a bottomless money pit....

Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #69

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Built Ford Tough!

Never stray away from the comforting glow of the blue oval! They always said the devil would be appealing, don't let the bowtie seduce you!

"In the early days of World War 3, guerrillas - mostly children - placed the names of their lost upon this rock. They fought here alone and gave up their lives, so that this nation should not perish from the earth."

Old 05-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #70
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5740 Times on 2999 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
So last Friday I may have very well had my F150 totaled on the way home from work. I have full coverage and gap+ insurance on the loan itself. So hopefully everything will turn out alright in that department. But there's a conflict in my heart and mind about what truck I will get next. I've always been a blue oval man,but the rental guys set me up with a new silverado. I'm already sold on ford quality and have been all my life,but this damn bowtie truck rides smoother than any ford I've been in. And I'm slowly falling out of love with ford! Am I a horrible,traitorous man for having these thoughts?
Its called coming to your senses :P

I love my silverado. Mine is a 2003 z71 xcab 125,000 miles no real problems.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...