Am i a traitor? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am i a traitor?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
readygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,238
Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default

Since were on the subject...anybody here have long term experience with Fords Ecoboost V6....? I need to replace my old Silverado 2500-288,000 miles (killing me on gas) That new motor sounds like a good idea, just wondering how they hold up towing/hauling, and high miles...?

__________________

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

readygirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
So last Friday I may have very well had my F150 totaled on the way home from work. I have full coverage and gap+ insurance on the loan itself. So hopefully everything will turn out alright in that department. But there's a conflict in my heart and mind about what truck I will get next. I've always been a blue oval man,but the rental guys set me up with a new silverado. I'm already sold on ford quality and have been all my life,but this damn bowtie truck rides smoother than any ford I've been in. And I'm slowly falling out of love with ford! Am I a horrible,traitorous man for having these thoughts?
For a long time when it come to trucks all I would get was a Ford. But Chevy makes a good one nad the newer ones are exeptional. I have a good friend that bought a F250 that was a couple years old that had the Powerstroke diesel and he has had an awful time with it. Seems they used a fuel system that has a type of quick connect that loses pressure so they don't want to start when the motor is hotter. THe fix is pretty easy but he has learned about some class acvtion deal about the issue and is looking into that before he does it himself. There seemed to be a warrante issue when it come to this particular issue. That has turned hi m a little Ford angry and I understand why I guess but it is only one engine and I can think of at least one form every maker that makes a dog of an engine.

One of my current vehicles is a 1998 Explorer XLT with the 5.0 liter V8 and that thing is a beast! Not the best for off road as it is because it sits a little low but I have a Jeep for that The Ford has a ride like no other SUV I've owned. and with the V8 hippys look mean at me and that makes me smile

Back to topic these days there are a lot more choices in a quality truck that I don't think we had in the past. It's a lot easier to cross brands and still have a great truck. I always had the best luck with Ford trucks but the new Checy and Dodges are very nice and hold up really well. The Silverado has always been a pretty good truck but I think they are better over the last 5-10 years than they ever have. I'd own one. So, you're not a trader, you're just seeing some green pastures where they where not before
__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #43
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
So last Friday I may have very well had my F150 totaled on the way home from work. I have full coverage and gap+ insurance on the loan itself. So hopefully everything will turn out alright in that department. But there's a conflict in my heart and mind about what truck I will get next. I've always been a blue oval man,but the rental guys set me up with a new silverado. I'm already sold on ford quality and have been all my life,but this damn bowtie truck rides smoother than any ford I've been in. And I'm slowly falling out of love with ford! Am I a horrible,traitorous man for having these thoughts?
Chevy beats a Fu#*ed Over Rebuilt Dodge any day. You're no traitor. You're moving up in the world.
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
therewolf Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 986
Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
Since were on the subject...anybody here have long term experience with Fords Ecoboost V6....? I need to replace my old Silverado 2500-288,000 miles (killing me on gas) That new motor sounds like a good idea, just wondering how they hold up towing/hauling, and high miles...?
Also interested in hearing from people who have experience with this engine!

Edit: also anyone who has a ford with the new 5.0's. heard they pale in comparison to the old ones but I'm a little nostalgic for the 302 engine,my first truck was one.
__________________

Last edited by Jstrong; 05-05-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Jstrong is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Since were on the subject...anybody here have long term experience with Fords Ecoboost V6....? I need to replace my old Silverado 2500-288,000 miles (killing me on gas) That new motor sounds like a good idea, just wondering how they hold up towing/hauling, and high miles...?
Stay the hell away from it. My new work truck has that with the six speed auto. The REALISTIC gas mileage is about 12 MPG around town. It shifts constantly, and hard. It makes all it's power near redline, so unless you don't mind puttering and letting other drivers get friendly with your back bumper, you pretty much have to dog the living **** out of it or get run the hell over. Or wait for a mile long gap in traffic.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
boatme98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tennessee
Posts: 3,922
Liked 2117 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Default

Yes.

Answer is too short, so.....

Again, yes.

__________________
boatme98 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,823
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
But the funny thing is... NONE of my airbags deployed. Which is weird,and I'm not sure what to think about it yet.
If it's still the same as it was a few years ago, you have to be moving above a certain speed and a sensor must be hit almost directly. It's not at all unusual for an airbag not to deploy if the angle and location specs aren't met. They want to make sure you are actually at risk before they pop the bags.
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
readygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,238
Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Stay the hell away from it. My new work truck has that with the six speed auto. The REALISTIC gas mileage is about 12 MPG around town. It shifts constantly, and hard. It makes all it's power near redline, so unless you don't mind puttering and letting other drivers get friendly with your back bumper, you pretty much have to dog the living **** out of it or get run the hell over. Or wait for a mile long gap in traffic.
Thanks for the info..will steer clear.
__________________

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

readygirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 986
Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

If it's still the same as it was a few years ago, you have to be moving above a certain speed and a sensor must be hit almost directly. It's not at all unusual for an airbag not to deploy if the angle and location specs aren't met. They want to make sure you are actually at risk before they pop the bags.
Didnt know that,makes me feel a little better about it now. I was just thinking had I not had my seatbelt on and if he had hit me closer the cab I could be on a respirator if the airbags decided not to deploy then.
__________________
Jstrong is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sputnik1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Bluegrass state
Posts: 2,877
Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Default

I am a Ford guy also, but those new silverados are nice. I'd still buy they Ford though, wouldn't buy anything from Government Motors.

Plus I technically work for Ford, so their sales support my paycheck.

__________________
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. - John Wayne

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sputnik1988 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Peter Fonda calls Obama 'traitor' at Cannes Bigcountry02 The Club House 4 05-21-2011 04:04 AM