Am i a traitor? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am i a traitor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
No warranty covered it. Toyota discovered a frame rot problem due to a manufacturing defect. They started by buying ANY truck (well, Tacomas) that had frame rot back, at 1 1/2 times book value in "excellent" condition, whether it was or not. You could strip off any add-ons you put on it, but it had to roll in. I missed this by a few months, and by the time my truck wouldn't pass inspection, they were doing this as the fix. It was not a recall, either. They did it voluntarily. The problem affects at least '99 to mid '07 Tacomas, and possibly other models, but not the Tundras. As far as I know.
That is an outstanding display of CS,I've been looking for tundras but there are not as many ad the other options around here for sale for some reason

Old 05-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #32

Liked 2455 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

OP, you're OK.

Many folks mistakenly put their trust and loyalty

in Ford, at first. But they all wind up with a Silverado,

eventually...

Old 05-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #33

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I have been driving an f450 w the 6.0 for work for the last 3 years. It was issued to me w 200 miles on it. It now has 120k miles. I can only say what a piece of crap!!!!! I want my old 7.3 back. That thing has been in the shop once a month since I was issued it. I drove a 7.3 for 400k miles no issues just maintenance. Ford went to crap on their heavy stuff. But I will say on our expedition 3 years old the only issue was the break light switch. That unit has been awesome!!!!

Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21504 Times on 12208 Posts
Likes Given: 53548

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Those compact trucks would be out of the question anyway. Unless you count the tacoma, I believe chevy is the only one still making a compact pick up. And they're total ****. Have yet to find an owner who's satisfied.

Do we have any Canyon/Colorado owners here that like it? Speak up please, or forever hold your peace...
coming from a man who worked in a GM dealership, and having worked on and saw many them worked on, the Canyon/Colorado trucks are mechanical nightmares. engine problems, transmission problems, suspension problems, electrical problems, and other various problems.

if you are going to buy a GM, buy the full size trucks or SUV's and stay away form their mid-sized vehicles in the truck and SUV line-up.

in all honesty, any of the new current trucks and SUV's, i think it will come down to what you can get the best deal on when buying. for me and over the last 15 years or so, it's been the Dodge Rams that i have gotten the best deal on when buying new. the Toyotas and Nissans are good options as well, but in our area, we just can't get any rebates that make them worth buying.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

coming from a man who worked in a GM dealership, and having worked on and saw many them worked on, the Canyon/Colorado trucks are mechanical nightmares. engine problems, transmission problems, suspension problems, electrical problems, and other various problems.

if you are going to buy a GM, buy the full size trucks or SUV's and stay away form their mid-sized vehicles in the truck and SUV line-up.

in all honesty, any of the new current trucks and SUV's, i think it will come down to what you can get the best deal on when buying. for me and over the last 15 years or so, it's been the Dodge Rams that i have gotten the best deal on when buying new. the Toyotas and Nissans are good options as well, but in our area, we just can't get any rebates that make them worth buying.
I'm beggining to think this will be the case as well,just gotta wait till the insurance money comes back and I pay the old truck off.

Then take my downpayment money and make a weekend out of shopping and whatever feels right that is the best deal will be what I end up with.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
So last Friday I may have very well had my F150 totaled on the way home from work. I have full coverage and gap+ insurance on the loan itself. So hopefully everything will turn out alright in that department. But there's a conflict in my heart and mind about what truck I will get next. I've always been a blue oval man,but the rental guys set me up with a new silverado. I'm already sold on ford quality and have been all my life,but this damn bowtie truck rides smoother than any ford I've been in. And I'm slowly falling out of love with ford! Am I a horrible,traitorous man for having these thoughts?
I'm going to go in another direction. You know what all was involved in the wreck. Vehicle speed, point of impact, flip or no flip... all the important things to consider. Now here's the question. Did you walk away uninjured?

If you did, you need to look at everything involved with this and decide whether the truck may have saved you from injury or worse. Did the crumple zones work as they should? Was the vehicle stable enough to remain upright? If you did roll did the passenger compartment protect you as it should? If you think the truck did a poor job of protecting you or could have been more stable, switch. If you're happy with the protection stay with what you had.

Unless drugs or alcohol were involved you could also consider asking the crash investigator what he/she thinks about how well the truck did it's job.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #37
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21504 Times on 12208 Posts
Likes Given: 53548

Quote:
I'm beggining to think this will be the case as well,just gotta wait till the insurance money comes back and I pay the old truck off.

Then take my downpayment money and make a weekend out of shopping and whatever feels right that is the best deal will be what I end up with.
that would be my suggestion as well. personally, i hate truck shopping. i would rather go and have teeth pulled with no painkillers. i have walked off more lots than i can think of when i was pushed into a corner and felt like i had to make a quick decision, right there and then. i hate being pushed and pressured when buying. in this day and age and the internet, i can do most of my research befor i ever step on the lot. i already know what i need, and have a pretty good idea of what i want.
Colby Likes This 
Old 05-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #38
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7036 Times on 4235 Posts
Likes Given: 8481

Quote:
Am I a horrible,traitorous man for having these thoughts?
I don't think so. Buy what suits your fancy. I've owned Fords, Chevys, a Subaru, a Renault, Volkwagens, a Honda and a couple Buicks. Every one of them served me very well........except for that damned Renault which I only owned for 6 months and was glad to unload it on someone else.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1893 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Quote:
So last Friday I may have very well had my F150 totaled on the way home from work. I have full coverage and gap+ insurance on the loan itself. So hopefully everything will turn out alright in that department. But there's a conflict in my heart and mind about what truck I will get next. I've always been a blue oval man,but the rental guys set me up with a new silverado. I'm already sold on ford quality and have been all my life,but this damn bowtie truck rides smoother than any ford I've been in. And I'm slowly falling out of love with ford! Am I a horrible,traitorous man for having these thoughts?
If you buy an 2008 or newer GM or MOPAR you will be supporting Obama and the union take over of these two great icons. DON'T DO IT. Stand against he progressive agenda, do not support it!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

readygirl Likes This 
Old 05-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

I'm going to go in another direction. You know what all was involved in the wreck. Vehicle speed, point of impact, flip or no flip... all the important things to consider. Now here's the question. Did you walk away uninjured?

If you did, you need to look at everything involved with this and decide whether the truck may have saved you from injury or worse. Did the crumple zones work as they should? Was the vehicle stable enough to remain upright? If you did roll did the passenger compartment protect you as it should? If you think the truck did a poor job of protecting you or could have been more stable, switch. If you're happy with the protection stay with what you had.

Unless drugs or alcohol were involved you could also consider asking the crash investigator what he/she thinks about how well the truck did it's job.
I was turning left onto a on ramp coming from a major road. I pulled up to the stop light in the turning lane,light was green,I yielded,saw that there was a line of cars stopped in 2 of the three lanes,I thought they must have a red light since they weren't either coming to a stop when I pulled up or starting to pull forward either. I went to make the left turn onto the on-ramp and another f150 came flying up the third empty lane through the light,as soon as I saw him clear the other lanes of stopped cars I locked my brakes up but it was to late. He hit me going probably 50mph in my front passenger corner,and the hood and everything crumpled all the way across,even effecting the quarter panel and hood on my side by the cab,it was very hard to open my driver side door to get out.

When he hit me the truck spun and it felt like the side he struck may have been in the air for a second,just judging by the way the truck spun felt like a roller coated or one of those spinning rides. Anywho after the truck came to a stop I tried cranking it but the roll bearing I'm sure was knocked loose bc it wanted to crank but wasn't getting fuel. Got out of the truck and went to the other guys truck and opened his ford and helped him out and asked if he was okay,he was. We both were.

If I hadn't have stopped as soon as I did I may have been in a hospital had he full blown t-boned me.

But the funny thing is... NONE of my airbags deployed. Which is weird,and I'm not sure what to think about it yet.