Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am i a traitor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Oh I'm definantly not spending 30k+ on anything. I was originally thinking something someone had knocked the new off of for about 20-40k miles for sub 20k. But looks like new trucks without all the bells and whistles can be had for not much more.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #102

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
Oh I'm definantly not spending 30k+ on anything. I was originally thinking something someone had knocked the new off of for about 20-40k miles for sub 20k. But looks like new trucks without all the bells and whistles can be had for not much more.
Man, I really have to say Dodge for the most bang for buck. You can get a heck of a brand new truck for less that 25K in a Dodge. Every one has their own experiences to base their opinions on, but after working at a dealership, granted, for only a few months, the only thing I've seen a Ram come into the shop for was regular maintenance, except for one that a lizard managed to get into the fuse box and shorted out every damn thing... and that was covered under warranty believe it or not. But the man had money to burn, so I took it on trade and sold him the new 3500 Laramie Big Horn he fell in love with while waiting to check on the warranty coverage...

I just think they offer the most options for the money, with Chevy, IMHO, being the next best as far as bang for buck. Ford is the lowest on my buy list, and the top of my **** list, unless it's a pre '96 model, but that's getting into the realm of high mileage, low purchase price used trucks. A "last leg" vehicle, if you will, in many cases.

Dodge is also, I believe, still offering the lifetime warranty I got on my car. It's available for all Chrysler vehicles except diesels, commercial vehicles, and right side driver vehicles (think, mail jeep). Your seat rips 10 years from now? $100 deductible.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #103

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Man, I really have to say Dodge for the most bang for buck. You can get a heck of a brand new truck for less that 25K in a Dodge. Every one has their own experiences to base their opinions on, but after working at a dealership, granted, for only a few months, the only thing I've seen a Ram come into the shop for was regular maintenance, except for one that a lizard managed to get into the fuse box and shorted out every damn thing... and that was covered under warranty believe it or not. But the man had money to burn, so I took it on trade and sold him the new 3500 Laramie Big Horn he fell in love with while waiting to check on the warranty coverage...

I just think they offer the most options for the money, with Chevy, IMHO, being the next best as far as bang for buck. Ford is the lowest on my buy list, and the top of my **** list, unless it's a pre '96 model, but that's getting into the realm of high mileage, low purchase price used trucks. A "last leg" vehicle, if you will, in many cases.

Dodge is also, I believe, still offering the lifetime warranty I got on my car. It's available for all Chrysler vehicles except diesels, commercial vehicles, and right side driver vehicles (think, mail jeep). Your seat rips 10 years from now? $100 deductible.
I reeeeeeaaaally like the Ram express concept,and while I'm uneasy about switching to ram. I good enough warranty could probably tip me in its favor.

I also just don't know what my insurance is gonna do going to a brand new hemi,coming from a 05 f150 with the basic 4.6