Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am i a traitor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 654 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Huh. No, I know that some of those big bus motor homes have air brakes. And where I live, you'd need a CDL to drive it. DOT doesn't really care how often, or for what. As a matter of fact, in the last couple years, DOT here has LOWERED the GVW needed on a commercial vehicle to qualify for health cards and CDL's......

Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 132 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Ford didn't take any Obummer bailout, GM took it and just announced they're moving at least 70% of the company to China. Hey UAW, how do you like him, now? I was looking at new Silverado, hell, even the wheel covers are plastic. POS.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #93

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Got my truck back already. Apparently the dealership just has these whole transmissions just laying around... I couldn't possibly imagine why...

Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #94
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Huh. No, I know that some of those big bus motor homes have air brakes. And where I live, you'd need a CDL to drive it. DOT doesn't really care how often, or for what. As a matter of fact, in the last couple years, DOT here has LOWERED the GVW needed on a commercial vehicle to qualify for health cards and CDL's......
If a state issues motor home titles to a vehicle, (not all do) licence plates stating motor home, and you are not selling motor homes, (people selling motor homes need a commercial DL ) a regular drivers license is all that is needed to operate a motor home, in all fifty states. The motor home lobby is very strong, with millionaires retiring, buying 45' long diesel pushers, and driving down the highways, spending their kids inheritance.

Those giant busses, like rock stars use, if it is privately owned, not used in commerce, licenced as a motor home, driven for non commercial use, can be operated with a plain old drivers licence where I live.

I go through weigh stations and check points and they just glare at me. I do not fall into their jurisdiction, as long as a follow traffic laws, keep a low profile, they leave me alone.
One gal at a weigh station asked me if I liked driving an unlicensed truck down the highway, and I replied, I liked driving a licenced motor home down the highway. She handed me back my papers, and sent.me on my way. Another federal guy in Florida, told me to get the f#@K out of his weigh station. He was pissed but could do nothing to me.

Last edited by AR10; 05-08-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #95

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Name:  2013-05-08-13-48-45--1449568851.jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  5.6 KB

p

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 AM   #96
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1045 Times on 674 Posts
Likes Given: 5375

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167 View Post

Attachment 100045

p
Yep. Pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.

Now, if only we could talk them into bringing back the old 300 I-6, I would probably go down to the dealership and check into getting a new one.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #97
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1045 Times on 674 Posts
Likes Given: 5375

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I purchased a Kenworth T2000 that I insure as a pickup, and licence as a motor home toy hauler. It only gets six miles per gallon, but if you want a tuff truck, get a Kenworth! Air suspension axles, cab and seats. Better ride than a Cadillac. Great view of the scenery, pull off and sleep in any Wal-Mart, fridge, indoor plumbing. No CDL needed, because it is licenced as a motor home.
OK, you win. Your's is not only bigger, it's immense! ( I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! )

Seriously AR, I like that rig. I have always said 2 things when it comes to the trucks I own, and the build ups I do to them.

1. I want enough power to tow my house down the road behind me.
2. I did not buy it\build it for the gas mileage.

You my friend have taken this concept to a whole new level, and for that I salute you. That is definitely overkill at it's finest!.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 05-09-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #98

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post

Yep. Pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.

Now, if only we could talk them into bringing back the old 300 I-6, I would probably go down to the dealership and check into getting a new one.
^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

And the 7.3 while they're at it.

NEVER FORGET

Old 05-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #99

Liked 219 Times on 135 Posts

Talked to the collision place yesterday,he said my frame deffinantly took a hit in the wreck but he said ford frames are highly repairable and that he could fix the truck without problems,but that its gonna come down to money with the insurance company or not. Sounds like he thinks they are going to total it as well.

He asked me what kind of aftermarket security system I had on the truck. I said idk,it was installed when I bought it. "well you might want to find out for future reference,because its doing a damn good job. It thinks its being stolen since we only have the key and not the key FOB,and has shut the whole truck down and locked the doors up." I have to drop off the key fob to them when I get back from out of town. But I told him he can go ahead and try to beat it if they are in a hurry.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #100
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4634 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 4763

All I can say is a new truck of any breed isnt in my future! I cant imagine paying anywhere from 30K to 50K for a truck just to get a new vehicle smell! Nothing I buy but a house should have a mortgage payment and a depreciation schedule of 10 years or less. My 2002 Dakota is likely the last new vehicle I will ever buy, preowned is where you gain the most insight as to the reliability of a certain Model and lose the least amount of money the first 5 years you own it.

My Wife and I have 3 vehicles that combined ages are nearly 50 years, we havent made a car payment for over 5 years and have paid less than $2500 for repairs in that 5 years. Thats less than $50 per month and we havent ever had a day when at least 2 of the vehicles were available. My 1988 Mercedes Wagon is the oldest but it runs pretty good for an antique! Yup, there is rust (Im in NY!), no they dont do everything perfect but they are perfectly safe and perfectly paid for, worth much more than a nearly $$400 per auto per month mortgage on recycled Budweiser cans with a new car smell.