Am i a traitor?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am i a traitor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

So last Friday I may have very well had my F150 totaled on the way home from work. I have full coverage and gap+ insurance on the loan itself. So hopefully everything will turn out alright in that department. But there's a conflict in my heart and mind about what truck I will get next. I've always been a blue oval man,but the rental guys set me up with a new silverado. I'm already sold on ford quality and have been all my life,but this damn bowtie truck rides smoother than any ford I've been in. And I'm slowly falling out of love with ford! Am I a horrible,traitorous man for having these thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Not at all amigo welcome to the light.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Yes. Next question?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #4

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I was raised in a Ford family, but I'll say this, after having worked on the road so much with company vehicles, I feel that Ford's quality has PLUMMETED in the past ten years. And their prices have gone UP!! And I mean more so than normal inflation.

GM vehicles have always had a great ride, with a few exceptions in some of their older sports cars.

I think you need to look at a Dodge though. I was sold on them, big time, when I was selling them last summer. And when my accountant sister (who makes good money and loves really nice vehicles) looks at a Dodge Big Horn and says, "how the hell can they sell this and make any money?", it kinda brings it home.

I just have to say, I think that out of all of them, Dodge may not be the best, but they're still a great truck, and you get way more for your money.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

Jstrong,

I have had some good Ford trucks and Broncos in the past so I will not knock them! But in 1995 I bought my first Chevy Suburban 1500, Later I bought a 2007 GMC Yukon XL and in 2012 I bought a Chevy Silverado as you mentioned.
The good news is the first two have around 160,000 miles on them. The new one has 26,000 on it already.
Bottom line, I still have all of them still today and they are still running great. The old Suburban is my hunting and work vehicle. The wife inherited the Yukon and I now have the 2012 Silverado with the 6.2 engine for work. It is a rocket! But needed the power pulling the trailer through the mountains.
I would be hard pressed to go to anything else since all have been great vehicles. With very little problems. As you know the key is maintenance. I changed oil and filter in the first two every 3,000 miles religiously. And since the new Silverado has Synthetic Oil in it and they say you can go 7500 miles on an oil and filter change but I do it at 6,000. And expecting as good a service from it as the Suburban and the Yukon! It is a matter of choice but I do not think you can go wrong with the Silverado.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

dango Likes This 
Old 05-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #6

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 732

You're not a traitor. You're going from one to another. So what? Now, go down to the nearest Toyota dealership, and try out a Tacoma or Tundra. Assuming you like your vehicles reliable.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #7

Yea trip I'm also looking at dodge as well,ive always thought the rams were the most handsome trucks on the block but have heard from several people that they all had problems with their ram tranny's. but those all seemed to be rams from like 2002-2006 only.

Anywho, just driving this Chevy has kinda opened my eyes on this new up coming truck shopping experience. When I bought my ford I was ONLY looking at F150's and a few yota tundras. Now I think its just gonna boil down to looking at all my options and getting the best deal I can,which may very well not put me in a ford again,which is unsettling having been a ford guy all my life who's had great luck with their trucks,but exciting at the same time.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
You're not a traitor. You're going from one to another. So what? Now, go down to the nearest Toyota dealership, and try out a Tacoma or Tundra. Assuming you like your vehicles reliable.
When I was shopping for the f150 that I just had that wreck in,I was stubbornly set on either a ford or a tundra. I talked to a delivery driver that worked for a company that my old employer used to get material to the jobsite quick.

I asked him how they liked the tundras,he said its never been a problem for their fleet Tundras to top 300,000 miles before they quit,and that they had one that finally crapped out after 630,000 miles!

Old 05-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1100 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My last 3 cars 95 buick rusted in half. 2000 Chrysler caught fire, 2001 ford transmission went out. All 3 were bought used and had close to 150,000 miles. Just bought an 03 buick because of the 3 I liked it the best.

"You pays your money and you takes your chances"

Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Don't buy a brand of truck, buy what works best for you. A current ford pickup needs to have the cab removed from the frame to work on much of the engine, even simple stuff. While the ford dealers are set up to do this, back yard do it yourself repairs are history on ford trucks.

Ford diesel engines from the 6.0 forward are not near as good as the simple 7.3 was. This is partly due to the junk fuel diesel now is. It was much better for engines before they reformulated it.

I own a highly customized F550, but this is my last ford unless they get back on track. From the semi wheels and tires, to an engine complete overhaul to get the junk out.

forumrunner_20130505_102641.jpg  

Last edited by AR10; 05-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.