Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am I paranoid or is it true?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I don't know that any anti-Obama remarks will get you arrested unless you are threatening to take a life.

I do believe gun forums are watched for any potential threats.
I haven't seen any reports of people arrested for anti-Obama comments but there are several documented cased where people have been arrested for things Law Enforcement sees as a "Threat". I'm sure the Secret Service is more on alert with Czar Obama than they were with either Bush, Clinton, Reagan or Carter.

Back to the topic of the original post I was told that one of the bigger forums, Gun and Game I believe, has a member who was visited by the BATF for a gun he supposedly sold to someone not allowed to posess one through their classified forum. I don't have much faith in the source though. She was not a good living person.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It's highly possible. Could have been a setup even.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
It's highly possible. Could have been a setup even.
That is what I was thinking. If it is true, it happened in Alaska. Not like it was Chicago where they watch for bad gun sales.

Not to mention the woman who spread it had a lot of issues there. Was going through a bad divorce, cheating on her husband, stealing from her boyfriend who she was cheating with. That was the reason I wanted to ask if it was even true or if anyone else had heard this.

Oh well, doesn't affect my life.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #14

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Everything is watched.
I wouldn't doubt it.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #15

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The mistrust of the citizens by the government has it's roots as far back as truman, which has developed into what we have today. Where forums are randomly checked, phones of citizens are randomly tapped. In some cases I have heard of government actualy reading mail that people have sent through snail mail. This government of America has become an elite entity in and of itself, and does not answer to anyone anymore.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #16

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

If Google can find it...so can they.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #17

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default big brother

yes we are being monitored .....BUCK OFAMA!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
I am watching...

And you are being watched.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 246

If the NSA is monitoring phone conversations for key words and phrases for tracking Foreign terror suspects, I believe that DHS and the FBI and probably several other of the alphabet agencies are monitoring gun forums and the like. There are enough people in the govt that see gun owners as a threat, I just assume that everything really controversial said on this and other gun forums is reviewed. You can bet that ATF probably has people who keep an eye out on the NFA discussion on the internet.
Think about it, if there is a post that amounts to "My buddy Jim-Bob showed me how to make my Thrustmaster 6400 into a full auto." I would think that a statement like that would set off an alarm bell or two somewhere.

Remember this:
http://drleonardcoldwell.com/2011/03/14/napolitano-us-veterans-are-domestic-terror-threat/
and this:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89612947

We are seen as the enemy by the current crop of left wingers in govt (probably by past and future as well.) That's why when someone tells me they love their guns and Obama, I figure they are so naive (or stupid) they would have been a proud member of "Jews For Hitler" in that era.
Leftists will often come right out and tell you what they think of you and what they want to do to you. Much like the Jihadists, they have no problem telling you their goals. Why would you think they aren't serious about it? If more people had read and heeded what was written in Mein Kampf, things might not have gotten out of hand. BHO has written not one, but two autobiographies. That fact alone should give one pause as to what kind of narcissist we are dealing with. That's before we start discussing the contents.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 08-21-2012 at 01:38 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #20

That makes sense looking at it from the points brought up in many of the above posts.

Kind of makes me wonder if Gun and Game has their little classified thread being watched by the BATF how many government agencies are watching Gun Broker?