Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Am I Being Ridiculous?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I was wondering the something however I was looking to purchase my first semi-handgun. I have a lot of revolvers but feel like purchasing a semi with a high capacity mag would be best. Im probably going to go this weekend to get one.

I say buy what you can afford now. If you can't afford the AR then buy just a lower right now and build it later. Just my opinion...Good luck!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 406 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I've also just noticed tonight that JSE Surplus has raised their prices on AR parts. This is something that has just happened within the last couple days. I frequent their site daily. I checked all of the essential parts, lowers, uppers, BCG, etc and prices have increased by about 25%.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I've also just noticed tonight that JSE Surplus has raised their prices on AR parts. This is something that has just happened within the last couple days. I frequent their site daily. I checked all of the essential parts, lowers, uppers, BCG, etc and prices have increased by about 25%.
Yep, demand just went through the roof, and the prices will too. Before, it was almost impossible to find a BCG. Good luck finding one now.
If you decide to buy some AR parts, go ahead and get a few stripped lowers. That is the gun itself, so if there is a ban on buying them, you'll already have some to build off of.
If your worried about them banning high cap mags, go pick up a hand full of pmags.
I would not blow the budget over this. I plan on picking up a stripped lower or two next year, but that's about it. The Dems should remember what happened last time they banned guns. Even with liberals screaming from the rooftops for a ban, a ban would cost a lot of them their seat in Congress.