'Always Like a Girl' video - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 'Always Like a Girl' video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 01:29 AM   #21
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 615 Times on 410 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

I tried to stir it up for you :-)

"Don't believe all quotes you read on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-29-2014, 01:48 AM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9741 Times on 4191 Posts
Likes Given: 1533

Lyudmila Pavlichenko.jpg

Ya know, I bet she shot like a girl, too.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 06-29-2014, 05:58 AM   #23
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7970 Times on 4783 Posts
Likes Given: 10231

Not too many active women on this forum to debate much. I've already voiced my opinion.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #24
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 615 Times on 410 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Not too many active women on this forum to debate much. I've already voiced my opinion.
That's right - and don't you forget it! joking, settle down, don't be locking me out. Cause if you do, I will have to go to one of the "man" moderators . still joking...

"Don't believe all quotes you read on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 AM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Winds, i admire your spunk! you have overcome hardship and obstacles that were put in front of you and did many things on your own without relying upon a man to do it for you. i admire and respect that.

i have seen many times in the past where men have taken advantage of a woman because they were in an area that beyond their understanding. that has always been something i detested. i have strived in situations to always treat people fairly and honestly regardless of gender. many times taking the time to explain to women why certain repairs were needed, the possible outcome if they were not done, and tried to where possible, giving them some options if they were on a tight budget.

i simply detest dishonesty from those who try and feed off those who don't know any different.

i detest cliches. simply because times have changed. i like seeing women empowered more and learning more. knowledge is power. any time i can help a woman learn more, so she has the ability to not being taken advantage of, i feel better. many times that knowledge may help them do something themselves in the future, sometimes it will just allow them not to be the victim of somebody looking to make a quick dollar off someone's lack of knowledge about something.

i detest men who get all butthurt or their pride and ego offended when a woman outdoes them in what some men feel is part of a man's domain. it shows a neanderthal mentality and poor sportsmanship. i have seen men in the past, when bested by a woman, show poor attitude and make all sorts of excuses for why they got beat. why not just congragulate them, and state the obvious, that you were outperformed by a woman? simple pride and ego. had another man bested them, it would have been a different display of attitude.

oh well. just some of my thoughts.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #26

Liked 1079 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 1092

I have always enjoyed interacting with women who want to learn "male" tasks. I've always tried to go the extra mile to help out and it usually was very appreciated by the woman. One time decades ago a woman at a an apartment complex I lived in had her car's hood up and was staring at the engine. I asked if she needed help and she did. So I started troubleshooting and she was fascinated how I was able to go step by step, breaking down what seemed to be a baffling problem, explaining what I was doing, until I found what was wrong and even did a temporary fix. We arranged to replace her ignition points later and check the plugs and other things. She was on her way in less than 30 minutes and said "I want to know what you know!"

Another time I happened to see a woman pulled over in the middle of nowhere (Yarnell hill, AZ). She said the car was making a horrible noise so I had her start it while I looked under the hood. The air conditioning compressor was frozen and its fan belt was screeching. Fortunately the belt didn't go to other pulleys so I told her I could cut it and she could be on her way, except no air conditioning until she could get it fixed. Even knowing the compressor wouldn't be cheap, she was glad to know what the repair would be forehand, and very relieved to be on her way.

And that's really much of the difference between the sexes, different knowledge is emphasized as we grow up. But it doesn't have to remain that way, we all can learn the "other" knowledge yet still retain our sexual identity. C'mon guys, why not share knowledge with spouses and coworkers!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

People Like This 
Old 06-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #27

Liked 1899 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

I have always envied the easy 'emotional' intelligence that most females have (among other things). I do think a lot of it is genetic, however I experienced a 'flowering' of my own when I consciously worked at it. To a large extant I found it's simply a matter of allowing myself to be open to it. Typically empathy is not a trait encouraged in males as it is females. It can interfere with one's ability to compete. Although I was never very competitive as a guy and felt out of place, it's been a such a pleasure these past years building my empathy 'muscles', allowing myself to be more complete.

In any event, I know I'm not the person I was before I started living as a gal several years ago. I feel a lot more complete then I did before transitioned. So much so that I've reverted back to being a guy. Living as a woman just doesn't seem necessary anymore. The thing is I don't think I've lost any analytical/mechanically ability, I don't think. I don't feel like anything's missing anymore.

Or perhaps becoming complete is just a function of getting older. I can't really tell, I don't have a 'control group' for myself.

Last edited by Vincine; 06-29-2014 at 06:15 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #28
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7970 Times on 4783 Posts
Likes Given: 10231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I have always enjoyed interacting with women who want to learn "male" tasks. I've always tried to go the extra mile to help out and it usually was very appreciated by the woman. One time decades ago a woman at a an apartment complex I lived in had her car's hood up and was staring at the engine. I asked if she needed help and she did. So I started troubleshooting and she was fascinated how I was able to go step by step, breaking down what seemed to be a baffling problem, explaining what I was doing, until I found what was wrong and even did a temporary fix. We arranged to replace her ignition points later and check the plugs and other things. She was on her way in less than 30 minutes and said "I want to know what you know!"

Another time I happened to see a woman pulled over in the middle of nowhere (Yarnell hill, AZ). She said the car was making a horrible noise so I had her start it while I looked under the hood. The air conditioning compressor was frozen and its fan belt was screeching. Fortunately the belt didn't go to other pulleys so I told her I could cut it and she could be on her way, except no air conditioning until she could get it fixed. Even knowing the compressor wouldn't be cheap, she was glad to know what the repair would be forehand, and very relieved to be on her way.

And that's really much of the difference between the sexes, different knowledge is emphasized as we grow up. But it doesn't have to remain that way, we all can learn the "other" knowledge yet still retain our sexual identity. C'mon guys, why not share knowledge with spouses and coworkers!
This is exactly it. You're awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I have always envied the easy 'emotional' intelligence that most females have(among other things). I do think a lot of it is genetic, however I experienced a 'flowering' of my own when I consciously worked at it. To a large extant I found it's simply a matter of allowing myself to be open to it. Typically empathy is not a trait encouraged in males as it is females. It can interfere with one's ability to compete. I was never very competitive as a guy. It's been a such a pleasure these past years building my empathy 'muscles', allowing myself to be more complete.

In any event, I know I'm not the person I was before I started living as a gal several years ago. I feel a lot more complete then I did before transitioned. So much so that I've reverted back to being a guy. Living as a woman just doesn't seem necessary anymore. The thing is I don't think I've lost any analytical/mechanically ability, I don't think.

Or perhaps becoming complete is just a function of getting older. I can't really tell, I don't have a 'control group' for myself.
Love ya, Vini.
Vincine Likes This 
Old 06-30-2014, 01:49 AM   #29

Liked 1079 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I have always envied the easy 'emotional' intelligence that most females have (among other things). I do think a lot of it is genetic, however I experienced a 'flowering' of my own when I consciously worked at it. To a large extant I found it's simply a matter of allowing myself to be open to it. Typically empathy is not a trait encouraged in males as it is females. It can interfere with one's ability to compete. Although I was never very competitive as a guy and felt out of place, it's been a such a pleasure these past years building my empathy 'muscles', allowing myself to be more complete.

In any event, I know I'm not the person I was before I started living as a gal several years ago. I feel a lot more complete then I did before transitioned. So much so that I've reverted back to being a guy. Living as a woman just doesn't seem necessary anymore. The thing is I don't think I've lost any analytical/mechanically ability, I don't think. I don't feel like anything's missing anymore.

Wow, now that's truly both sides of the story! So you're saying that hormones had little effect on your analytical/mechanical ability? I wouldn't think so but boy this is way out of my element, I never considered this situation! It's interesting as we're talking the same brain but in a body flooded with testosterone for a period of time, then estrogen, then again testosterone!

My head already hurts! I'm not gonna try this, there are OTHER ways to be empathetic...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:53 AM   #30

Liked 1899 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

You're confusing sex and gender. Sex is biological. Gender is social. Hormones are biological. Socialization is not. One doesn't have to be a male to be a man, or a female to be a woman. Gender roles are almost entirely a social construct. Trust me on this.

winds-of-change Likes This