'Always Like a Girl' video - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > 'Always Like a Girl' video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 01:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I love that camo pattern! Where did you get it?
Never mind. I found it:

http://www.zazzle.com/shoot_like_a_girl_bumper_sticker-128231037282843394

Old 06-28-2014, 01:42 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10395 Times on 4485 Posts
Likes Given: 1652

annie oakley quote.jpg

You mean this Annie?
People Like This 
Old 06-28-2014, 02:26 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6660 Times on 3544 Posts
Likes Given: 498

kast weekend the wife and i went to the range for a very quick sight in and test of her savage for function. as i was setting up her rifle attaching the surpressor getting the mag ready and ammo etc she was getting her other gear in order and it attracted the attention of the "nra instructor" next bench over.

he commented on how "cute" my rifle case was. i replied its not mine its the my wife's case and gun. the case is purple tiger stripe. he then starts in on her about how to properly do this that the other and not worry about shooting big groups breath contril yada yada yada...

her rifle is a savage 10fcpsr in 308 with a nightforce 3.5-15x moar nxs f1 suppressor is a surefire fa762k.

he starts in on her again about how she should start at 100 as 300 is to far for a girl...

her first ten shots go into a nice ragged 1.5 inch hole at 300.

the whole time we were pretty much ignoring him. i then said take a look in the spotting scope. he did and i said "maybe you should shut the hell up and she MIGHT teach you to shoot like a girl... that 10 shots at 300 is tighter than your 3 shots at 100..."

he got beet red. another guy who has seen my wife shoot said " your an idiot" ive seen her out here before embarrassing people and she only started shooting rifles 2 years ago" laughed at him.

later on a couple of young guys come up to the line with ar15's and politiely ask about her rifle and she demos it for them lets them shoot it and they compliment her on her shooting.

moral of the story is not everyone is a douche and just because someone is an "instructor" doesnt mean they know a damn thing...

my wife has limited time for training so i focus with her on things that are easy to comprehend for a new shooter that will make a big difference and ignore the smaller picayune aspects of shooting that are much harder to master. her goal isnt to master breathing and range estimation its to get rounds on target so i have her focus almost solely on sight alignment to target and trigger squeeze. i ignore everything else for now.

i dont need some jerk trying to make her task harder when she already shoots half moa to moa when she is relaxed and not being harrassed. it is astounding how many folks accept her on the longer range side of the facility and how few people really try and degrade her for shooting a rifle well.

there are times when some dirtbag tries and belittles her she usually tells em "you can run your mouth but your not going to outshoot me..." after she squeezes off a stupid tight grouping.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Old 06-28-2014, 02:38 AM   #14

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
kast weekend the wife and i went to the range for a very quick sight in and test of her savage for function. ...(etc.)
I don't understand. How come, . . I mean, . . It sounds like you and she are presented with many opportunities to generate capital.
People Like This 
Old 06-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I don't understand. How come, . . I mean, . . It sounds like you and she are presented with many opportunities to generate capital.
hmmmmm.......Jon could have been taking side bets on her shooting skills and made a small fortune!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:02 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6660 Times on 3544 Posts
Likes Given: 498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
hmmmmm.......Jon could have been taking side bets on her shooting skills and made a small fortune!
heh no. the rifle has been having issues with sticky ejection. she also wanted trigger time and we went to dinner afterwards.

while i got the burr fixed its still sticking on cases that are saami spec max length. im thinking at this point that savage left the throat just shy of minimum. so im going to order a rental reamer and give it a scootch of a twist reaming it out just a hair.

if that fails im just tossing the barrel and getting her a 18" krieger barrel.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-28-2014, 03:38 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
The advantage I feel I have from my life's experiences? I can think my way out of most difficult situations. I have some crazy good problem solving skills.

When I say "It's a man's world" I'm not being some 'feminist' or woman's libber. I am simply stating the truth. Anyone who doesn't think women still walk three feet behind men in this society has their head buried in the sand.

I may or may not be complaining. But my experiences have made me who I am today. I'm a bit tougher and cruder than many woman...........and I don't regret it one bit.
My wife also says it's a "man's world" because so many common physical things are difficult for many women. Even simple things like breaking a dog biscuit in half! And breaking loose the lid of a jar. And certainly changing a flat tire, etc. I know strength comes in to it (i.e. how can you change a flat if you can't even lift the spare out of the trunk!) but it's got to be more than strength but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Since I was a young man I was curious about the difference between the sexes, not just physical but mental. Many women don't have the confidence to attempt household repairs while a good percent of men will tackle the job. I know I go into a new "fix it" job with lots of confidence because I've had so much success over the years. And that's because I was handed down a beat up bicycle when I was 6, then a procession of old things as I grew up. Of course my first car was a beater too. I didn't have an older brother and my father was a drunk so if I wanted something done I had to figure it out myself. I didn't realize it at the time but taking the hard road at an early age made me strong, confident and good with my hands and mind.

No doubt pushing the GI Joe and boom, bang, crash toys on boys and pushing dolls, sugar, spice on girls has a lot to do with it. Mothers are just as guilty as fathers of imprinting differently on little girls than little boys. During the early years boys and girls have similar strength but boys pull ahead if they love "male" toys and go out and fight and throw/hit a ball. No doubt this develops spatial perception and the ability to figure things out. Do little girls intrinsically not enjoy these kinds of thing or have they been brainwashed by society to be "just girls"? Or is it different for each individual?

Then of course boys get their growth spurt which no doubt gives them many advantages over girls who fall behind in size and strength. Mother nature sure isn't always fair!

I do think there has been a change though. Lots of young men don't have the mechanical aptitude of earlier generations. Lots of boys and men today never have changed a flat! I hope this trend reverses because we do need real men.

Sorry, just mulling this over in my mind. I don't think it's always insidious, but no doubt it can be easier to be a man in this world. With this advantage I hope we men can avoid being adult bullies like spoiled brats we were on the playground!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-28-2014, 03:53 AM   #18

Liked 1338 Times on 794 Posts
Likes Given: 414

"Throw like a girl" to me implies inexperience. My daughter throws like a girl and I know teenage boys and a few men who "throw like a girl". I also know women and girls who throw like MLB pitchers(I'm afraid to catch a fastball from).

I don't view it as an insult but I see it as a statement of inexperience. It is derogatory and I shouldn't use that phrase... Maybe I'll start saying "you throw like a baby" or "You throw like a child" instead. Makes more sense since the style has nothing to do with sex but everything to do with experience.
People Like This 
Old 06-28-2014, 03:59 AM   #19
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 686 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

What the heck, I am ready for a beat-down; time to throw a man’s perspective in. So, my question is then, just why and where did the phrase “like a girl” come from? I would suspect it is because 95% of the girls don’t have the strength and coordination of a man. Settle down, breath, breath, it’ll be ok. But, do I want a girl who is manly – not me. Sorry girls. My daughter, a very pretty young lady (of course I am going to say that) who is a girly-girl and has no desire to as good as a man unless she is doing girly things. Truth is, she took martial arts and was very good at it. She has shot with me and had a lot of potential, but when the boys started showing up, she was done. She wants to be a girl, she don’t want to be guyish. She wants a man who is physically stronger, more stable, and in control. Ok, so I might have just rebutted myself, because she is coordinated and pretty darn smart. But I still think for the most part girls are not, I think they are not typically wired that way. I think they are wired to be more sensitive, loving, compassionate, and caring. That may be why men and women make a good team. Now - let’s go cut some trees down…
People Like This 
Old 06-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1147 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

I'm surprised this interesting thread tapered off so quickly!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Newest Threads