'Always Like a Girl' video
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

'Always Like a Girl' video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default 'Always Like a Girl' video

This made me cry a little. (3:19 video)

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8769 Times on 5239 Posts
Likes Given: 11642

Very good post, Vini.

I have been a single female for a very long time. The world views single woman differently than they view woman in a relationship. I know it's true. I guarantee it. I have been told many times by certain men to "quit acting like a victim" and to "stop whining". But I guarantee you I do not make myself a victim but society does. Am I defensive? Yes, I probably am. I can't afford to be naive or blindly trusting.

Believe me, I'm not complaining but I am simply stating facts. My life since my divorce has not been easy. Not only single parenting but also finding my way in the world as a single parent and a single female. I've been scammed by repair people a time or two. I have been told to "discuss this with your husband and let us know what you want done". After certain incidents, my girlfriends say, "How could you have done that?" My reply, "What choice did I have?" I have done things I should never have done but sometimes things need to be done and I was the only one to do them.

The advantage I feel I have from my life's experiences? I can think my way out of most difficult situations. I have some crazy good problem solving skills.

When I say "It's a man's world" I'm not being some 'feminist' or woman's libber. I am simply stating the truth. Anyone who doesn't think women still walk three feet behind men in this society has their head buried in the sand.

I may or may not be complaining. But my experiences have made me who I am today. I'm a bit tougher and cruder than many woman...........and I don't regret it one bit.
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #3

Liked 3620 Times on 2067 Posts
Likes Given: 2520

We "macho" men find it hard to admit that we do things like this because we mimic others and don't realize the damage we inflict. I will work toward not denigrating others thru tired, hurtful clichés. Thanks for the heads-up Vincine.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Amazing video! I choked up watching it. I've always wanted to be a "girly-girl", a "lady", but I'm not. I laugh loudly and often, I cry and yell when I need to. I'm sarcastic, blunt, and a bit clumsy. I'm also loyal, nurturing, sensual, and a beautiful person (not talking looks here). I may not be girly, but I am a girl and proud of it :-)
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10745 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 1755

yes-i-shoot-like-a-girl.jpg

Got one of these for the Anarchist-in-Training.
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

something that annoyed me greatly in the past was someone taking advantage of a woman simply because they may not have known things that men might know.

i hate assumptions. a man goes into get his vehicle repaired, goes to buy a gun, or just anything that men normally frequent, and the assumption is the man walking in knows certain things, that women don't. the other assumption is that if a woman goes into the same places, it's assumed she doesn't have a clue and man is going to have to explain it to them.

the barefoot and pregnant mentality should have been left behind years ago, but it still persists to some degree. personally, i like seeing women entering into fields of sports, and jobs that were by a large degree dominated by men. i have seen many single mothers who by far very intelligent and resourceful in fixing things.

why is it, that some men feel slighted if a woman outdoes them in something or does a job better than they could? if they had been bested by a man, many of them would be high fiving and backslapping one another. doesn't bother me one or the other to have a woman outdo me in something if she's better at doing it.

part of the reason i like seeing women becoming members here on the forum and learning about guns and shooting. it empowers them, and makes them less dependent upon having to rely upon a man to do things for them. not all women have a father, a brother or a husband to teach them. i find many times women to be easier learners, as they are not afraid to admit their lack of knowledge, where some men due to some sort of imagined macho BS feel the need to pretend to understand things that other men do, to feel that is needed to fit in and be a man, rather than admit they don't have a clue. women are not afraid to ask a question, where some men will keep silent so others think they understand what is going on, when again, they haven't a clue.
Quentin Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #7

Liked 359 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
'Always Like a Girl' video - The Club House
Please, don't remind me.....

I used to get my tail waxed constantly in highpower matches by a 13 year old girl shooting an M14 when I first got started in the sport. By the time she turned 18 she became the state service rifle champion, and went on to earn the Presidents 100 at Camp Perry. Dear old dad taught her well. But he taught her to shoot like an AMU marksman instead of "like a girl"....
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #8

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Attachment 145877

Got one of these for the Anarchist-in-Training.
I love that camo pattern! Where did you get it?
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.8 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by Vincine; 06-27-2014 at 10:21 PM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #9

Liked 1624 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

I know a young girl that can out-shoot me She's pretty good too:
http://youtu.be/gFpdnQCeP5E

Old 06-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4372 Times on 2953 Posts
Likes Given: 2188

As for shooting like a girl, Annie Oakley killed that one.
stratrider Likes This 

Newest Threads