to all of you dodge guys out there i need a littlr help - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > to all of you dodge guys out there i need a littlr help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

At this point I'd suggest visiting a local Dyno shop/engine builder for advise on your build, heads, cam and intake all need to work well together. I'm sure there are combos available that will work well and save you TONS of frustration and money. People have already done the hard part of sorting out which combos work best.. Having the right combo will make tuning on a Dyno much much easier and much more fruitful.

__________________

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

deadsp0t is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

The extra fuel cost 'could' pale in comparison to the potential damage to your engine.
Well its been on for 4 yrs ive never bothered fixing it cause nobody could tell that anything was wrong besides the light is on
__________________
shooter88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
At this point I'd suggest visiting a local Dyno shop/engine builder for advise on your build, heads, cam and intake all need to work well together. I'm sure there are combos available that will work well and save you TONS of frustration and money. People have already done the hard part of sorting out which combos work best.. Having the right combo will make tuning on a Dyno much much easier and much more fruitful.
I agree ill have to find one locally
__________________
shooter88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88

Well its been on for 4 yrs ive never bothered fixing it cause nobody could tell that anything was wrong besides the light is on
Sounds like a bad tune file, return it to stock, take it to advance auto and ask them to clear the codes. If its NOT the problem the code will return durning the 'drive cycle' which usually take less them 100 miles. If the light does not come back then you know the tune is the issue.
__________________

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

deadsp0t is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Sounds like a bad tune file, return it to stock, take it to advance auto and ask them to clear the codes. If its NOT the problem the code will return durning the 'drive cycle' which usually take less them 100 miles. If the light does not come back then you know the tune is the issue.
Ok ill have to try it except i can clear it myself
__________________
shooter88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,280
Liked 988 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88
Thanks for all your input gentleman but obviously nobody has an answere just opinions which i didnt need lol i know what im gonna do just needed a specific question answered...time for the dodge forum lol
I'm a member of ramforumz! Sorry I don't have a lot of input for that generation of Ram. I have done quite a lot of modding to my goat. I don't see how a new PCM would be any better than the stock with a custom cmr tune written for it. Here's the specs on mine....

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Quadcab 5.7 hemi w/3.92 rear gears.
- Comp Cams XFI 260H-13
- Diablosport Predator Tuner w/ Custom CMR Tune
-Composite BFI Intake with AMSOIL synthetic dry filter
- Fastman Ported Throttle Body
- BBK Shorty Headers
-14" Magnaflow
-Doug's Headers 3" Electric Cutout
- NGK spark plugs
- Sonnax 545RFE Trans Line Booster
-Jet 180* Tstat
- AMSOIL oil & filter


image-894357188.jpg
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
TexasGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:17 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,280
Liked 988 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88

Any suggestions on a cam? I found a comp cam kit for about $300 is that normal or what? I also found aluminum polished heads for $500 to $800
Comp cams are good. I like mine!
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
TexasGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88

Ok ill have to try it except i can clear it myself
Good stuff! Update us how it acts afterword please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner

I'm a member of ramforumz! Sorry I don't have a lot of input for that generation of Ram. I have done quite a lot of modding to my goat. I don't see how a new PCM would be any better than the stock with a custom cmr tune written for it. Here's the specs on mine....

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Quadcab 5.7 hemi w/3.92 rear gears.
- Comp Cams XFI 260H-13
- Diablosport Predator Tuner w/ Custom CMR Tune
-Composite BFI Intake with AMSOIL synthetic dry filter
- Fastman Ported Throttle Body
- BBK Shorty Headers
-14" Magnaflow
-Doug's Headers 3" Electric Cutout
- NGK spark plugs
- Sonnax 545RFE Trans Line Booster
-Jet 180* Tstat
- AMSOIL oil & filter
Sounds like a nice set up!

CMR updates your tune via email if need be?!
Any idea of the hp/tq your putting down??
__________________

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

deadsp0t is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
boatme98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tennessee
Posts: 3,760
Liked 1978 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 1078

Default

Sorry Shooter, my last Mopars were a 1962 D 200 crewcab and a 1965 Plymouth Sattelite conv.
Very pre computer.

__________________
boatme98 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 558
Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner View Post

I'm a member of ramforumz! Sorry I don't have a lot of input for that generation of Ram. I have done quite a lot of modding to my goat. I don't see how a new PCM would be any better than the stock with a custom cmr tune written for it. Here's the specs on mine....

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd Quadcab 5.7 hemi w/3.92 rear gears.
- Comp Cams XFI 260H-13
- Diablosport Predator Tuner w/ Custom CMR Tune
-Composite BFI Intake with AMSOIL synthetic dry filter
- Fastman Ported Throttle Body
- BBK Shorty Headers
-14" Magnaflow
-Doug's Headers 3" Electric Cutout
- NGK spark plugs
- Sonnax 545RFE Trans Line Booster
-Jet 180* Tstat
- AMSOIL oil & filter
Very nice i hope to be there one day but i need help lol
__________________
shooter88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
dodge gauges?? shooter88 The Club House 3 02-22-2013 11:41 PM
Thinking About Getting Out Of Dodge AR10 The Club House 26 02-07-2013 05:07 PM
Dodge Dakota water pump swap dragunovsks The Club House 5 04-14-2012 03:10 AM
Dodge Challenger Freedom Commercial! Bigcountry02 The Club House 4 06-15-2010 02:09 AM
Letter from a Dodge dealer crowbar Politics, Religion and Controversy 8 05-27-2009 06:00 PM