to all of you dodge guys out there i need a littlr help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > to all of you dodge guys out there i need a littlr help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 849 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 182

If Diablo is available, that is the only option

Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #12

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

best solution. just buy a power programmer and upload it into your PCM. put on a cat-back exhaust system and a cool air intake kit. that's about the extent of what you can do without going into the motor and putting in a bigger camshaft, higher C/R pistons, better heads or porting and polishinch your stock ones.

side note. most all the PCM's are the same for most of the Dodges. the only difference is the software that's flashed into them. and this would have to be done at the Dodge dealership.
Thats the thing ive allready got the best of all the miner mods ...open exaust k&n cold air intake hypertech power programmer cooler running thermostat etc... im about the go through the motor from the inside out and if i dont upgrade the pcm it will restrict what the motor can really do given that ive rebuilt the trany by then with the ramzilla kit

Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21437 Times on 12171 Posts
Likes Given: 53440

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88 View Post
I have a hypertech programmer allready among other things i just want to get rid of the brain thats keeping my truck from doing what im in the process building it to do
you're not going to see a huge difference over the programmer you already have. the Mopar Performance PCM isn't going to be any different that your stock PCM with a power programmer on it.

there's only so much you can get out of the engine as it is. to build more horsepower, you are going to have to start from the inside out. pistons, crank, rods, camshaft, heads, intake, ect., ect.,,,,

buy a 408 CI Magnum crate engine for it.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #14

Quote:

best solution. just buy a power programmer and upload it into your PCM. put on a cat-back exhaust system and a cool air intake kit. that's about the extent of what you can do without going into the motor and putting in a bigger camshaft, higher C/R pistons, better heads or porting and polishinch your stock ones.

side note. most all the PCM's are the same for most of the Dodges. the only difference is the software that's flashed into them. and this would have to be done at the Dodge dealership.
U can buy 100 different high performance pcm's for this truck ive seen them all just dont know which one to buy

Old 03-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #15

Quote:

you're not going to see a huge difference over the programmer you already have. the Mopar Performance PCM isn't going to be any different that your stock PCM with a power programmer on it.

there's only so much you can get out of the engine as it is. to build more horsepower, you are going to have to start from the inside out. pistons, crank, rods, camshaft, heads, intake, ect., ect.,,,,

buy a 408 CI Magnum crate engine for it.
Thats the idea... thats what im doing...i can get plenty of horse power and a hell of alota torque out of this motor those who disagree dont know much about mopar built performance 360's

Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #16

Quote:
U can buy 100 different high performance pcm's for this truck ive seen them all just dont know which one to buy
then buy one. but i seriously doubt you will see any huge gains over what you have already done.

BTDT already!

Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #17

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88

I have a hypertech programmer allready among other things i just want to get rid of the brain thats keeping my truck from doing what im in the process building it to do
Quote:

I allready have to run premium because ive allready programmed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
If Diablo is available, that is the only option
Quote:

Thats the thing ive allready got the best of all the miner mods ...open exaust k&n cold air intake hypertech power programmer cooler running thermostat etc... im about the go through the motor from the inside out and if i dont upgrade the pcm it will restrict what the motor can really do given that ive rebuilt the trany by then with the ramzilla kit
Personally I'm an SCT guy.. The consensus is the hyper tech programmer is a slightly lower line vs the SCT and Diablo, that said if you already have a tuner/programmer you have nothing at all to gain by swapping PCMs.. It is my understanding that Diablo programmers are preferred by the Dodge guys..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #18

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

then buy one. but i seriously doubt you will see any huge gains over what you have already done.

BTDT already!
Exactly.. You will only gain a lighter wallet, so I guess.. You'll lose..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Thats the idea... thats what im doing...i can get plenty of horse power and a hell of alota torque out of this motor those who disagree dont know much about mopar built performance 360's
hmmmm..........
outside-8-19-12-001-008.jpg  

Old 03-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #20

Thanks for all your input gentleman but obviously nobody has an answere just opinions which i didnt need lol i know what im gonna do just needed a specific question answered...time for the dodge forum lol