All my fellow bikers be careful - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

All my fellow bikers be careful

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

The driving idiots are everywhere! Look and Live, brother biker!
copperhead.jpg  

Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #22

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Glad that you can post about your accident and thanks for the reminder,hope you get back on 2wheels soon. It can be crazy out there,I always keep the bike in gear at stops while watching my mirrors and always keep enough space in front of me for an escape route.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #23

Liked 132 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 246

.....LOUD.... pipes saves Lives........

Old 07-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Ellwood, glad you're okay. riding a bike was dangerous enough and now it seems to have way much more so because of the texting. i wish every state would ban it. it's against the law to drive drunk, but some states still aloow drivers to text and drive. i see no difference between a drunk driver or someone texting and driving and swerving all over the road. i hope you win the lawsuit and make her pay out the nose for her actions. and send a message that many of us are not going to stand for stupidity any more.
vincent Likes This 
Old 07-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Just a update, the lady recived 90 days in jail but will only serve 45. Her insurance company has sent 2 very low offers and hasnt paid a dime yet. I'm up and about in a little pain but not letting it slow me down. Got a letter from mu GAP insurance they have taken care of all but anout 3,000.00 of the bike, which is better than me paying 13,000.00 for a wreck. But they have given us a credit line to purchase a new bike. We went to our local dealer and found a bile they had just taken on trade, they really went over and above for me and the wife. Here is our new bike 2009 superglide only had 3,300 miles on it. We love it. Will be ridding again today with all kinds of caution.
image-803413518.jpg   image-2707364551.jpg  

Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #26

Liked 2179 Times on 1195 Posts
Likes Given: 1402

Good for you. I am glad to see you back on and riding. I went over the hood of a car at 40 mph when I was 17. I didnt ride again for over a year. I am now 45. I ride every day that there is not ice on the road.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #27

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Driving is driving and not doing other things. I saw a woman doing a crossword puzzle at 45 mph a couple days ago. With all the advanced cell phones, and the capability of computer use in cars, it's going to get worse.

OP, glad you weren't seriously injured.
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #28

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I will admit that I sometimes text or browse while driving home from work. Its after midnight on a road thats about 15 miles long with only a couple turns in it. I only did it when there were no other lights visable but mine. I can attest that texting greatly inhibits awareness and response. Once or twice, even after a short text, I found myself completely in the left lane of a two lane road. Even with no other cars around I need to complete end all use of the cell phone while driving. Its dangerous, even with no one around. During rush hours bumper to bumper doing 65-75, you're just f'ing stupid. It should be banned.

I live in Florida. I regularly drive through high concentrations of retiree communities. Half hour from The Villages, (if you dont know what that is google it) Im suprised they dont cause more accidents than they do. But, I will be the first to show praise to that age bracket of the population; I have never seen anyone in the 65+ age range texting and driving. Hell, I barely ever see them talking and driving.
text-messaging.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 07-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Everytime we ride, we wear these shirts. We have multiple colors due to the stupidity of people either not looking for a motorcycle or just not paying attention. The super bright colors do help catch the eye of those not paying attention, but I doubt if they are looking down at their phone they would even see it. Just trying to increase the chances of being seen and not having my bike totaled or being hurt or killed. Be safe.
motorcycle-tshirt.jpg  

Old 07-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #30

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Nice ride!! Glad to hear you're doing well and back on 2 wheels.