All my fellow bikers be careful - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > All my fellow bikers be careful

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I try to ride as if I have a bull's-eye painted on me.
That includes leaving room for an "out" when stopped and watching the other drivers and mirrors.
Yeah I don't like riding in FL one bit! Too many damn old snowbirds and idiots running around there.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #12

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood45c View Post
Ast moday while setting at a 4 way stop i was rear ended by a lady who was texting on her phone. The insurance company titaled my bike whitch ive had about 4 weeks. I do not have my phone out when i drive but i know others do. Please be careful and i have learned a valuable lesson about cars from behinde me. I was getting ready to pull away when it happened. So please be careful and watch out for the stupid €£¥~ers and there cell phones. I got a lawyer yesterday have 5 people as witneses and this lady will pay.
Once again be careful.
Yes, that...MAKE HER PAY!!!! Make an example out of her, I see dumbasses texting and talking more than people who aren't...pathetic. They just passed a law in Chapel Hill NC making it illegal to talk and/or text while driving but it's currently being challenged by some scumbag 'human rights' organization...pathetic...

I'm sorry about your bike but am glad you're okay. Keep us up to date on the situation...

Old 07-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Three days ago by my house car made an illegal left turn from u non turn lane u guys on bikes be safe

.facebook_-1024394482.jpg  

Old 07-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #14

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD313 View Post
Three days ago by my house car made an illegal left turn from u non turn lane u guys on bikes be safe
Damn! I'm guessing the rider didn't make it?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113

Damn! I'm guessing the rider didn't make it?
Nope no helmets the passenger of the bike is in critical n the cars driver walked away with a scratch or two from what iv seen on the news

Old 07-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood45c
Ast moday while setting at a 4 way stop i was rear ended by a lady who was texting on her phone. The insurance company titaled my bike whitch ive had about 4 weeks. I do not have my phone out when i drive but i know others do. Please be careful and i have learned a valuable lesson about cars from behinde me. I was getting ready to pull away when it happened. So please be careful and watch out for the stupid €£¥~ers and there cell phones. I got a lawyer yesterday have 5 people as witneses and this lady will pay.
Once again be careful.
In Indiana if you get caught texting and driving it is an automatic six month suspension of your license. I wish they would enforce this more. It really ticks me off when I see people swerving around because they're texting!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I hope you heal up quickly and get a judgement to make her personally crawl into the bike shop on her hands and knees to pay for a new bike for you (not to mention the hip fix).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

My lawyer says they are going to charge her with vehicular assalt, or something like that. She has lost her license, and was just released tuesday from jail.
The best part of the whole thing is i had my 1911 on my sude at the time, the officer asked me if i was able to clear it. He took it and put in a case he had in his car and gave it to my wife at the hospital, the only thing he said was do u have a permit. I told him it was in mu wallet and would show him if he liked he said no thats ok i believe ya. I thought that was pretty good of him and made sure i thanked him more than once.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood45c View Post
My lawyer says they are going to charge her with vehicular assalt, or something like that. She has lost her license, and was just released tuesday from jail.
Vehicular assault sounds like assault which is an "intentional tort" for civil suit purposes; enjoy the bike she buys you.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My 20 year old cousin was killed on his motorcycle 3 years ago. The driver that hit him was deaf. I will always wonder that if he was not deaf, would he have heard Ira's bike? People definitely need to keep an eye out for bikes. If he was killed because someone was texting, that man would probably not be with us any longer......