Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   All my fellow bikers be careful (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/all-my-fellow-bikers-careful-68586/)

ellwood45c 07-20-2012 01:35 PM

All my fellow bikers be careful

Ast moday while setting at a 4 way stop i was rear ended by a lady who was texting on her phone. The insurance company titaled my bike whitch ive had about 4 weeks. I do not have my phone out when i drive but i know others do. Please be careful and i have learned a valuable lesson about cars from behinde me. I was getting ready to pull away when it happened. So please be careful and watch out for the stupid €ге~ers and there cell phones. I got a lawyer yesterday have 5 people as witneses and this lady will pay.
Once again be careful.

LONGHAIR 07-20-2012 01:49 PM

I remember when motorcycling was safe and sex was dangers...Now there both dangers....People just don't look-out for motorcycles and then you add texting on with everything else texting and driving is ..STUPID...your going to have crash & burns...Glad your OK...My buddy got rear-ended and he still has back problems today 7 years later,so make sure your ok before you sign-off with her insurance company...My buddy said he signed-off to quick and had problems to this day.....

sputnik1988 07-20-2012 01:49 PM

About 3 years ago I was rear ended in my car, I got whiplash and was told that the pain will never go away. Makes me watch my rearview every time I stop, actually saved my from an accident in Nashville. Even more important when on my bike.

Glad to hear you're ok.

drvsafe 07-20-2012 01:56 PM

By me, it's a summer community (by the Jersey Shore) and the summer ppl are mostly from NYC. Well they bring their attitudes AND their driving skills (or lack thereof) and their cellphones... Which all add up to me a brutal trip for a motorcycle riding local...

some chick in an Audi SUV (with 3 kids in the back and on the phone) decided to tailgate me at an intersection waiting for a light to change, and for some reason that was the exact time that my bike stalled, what a coincidence. Well you should have heard her mouth!

I'm the lucky one, I got to curse her out at the same time, the accidents involving bikes and cars are not pretty...

silverado113 07-20-2012 01:59 PM

Sorry to hear about the bike, but glad you are ok. I always keep it in gear and look in the mirror until the car comes to a stop, good thing about here is that there isn't a whole lot of traffic for the size of the area.

Overkill0084 07-20-2012 02:36 PM

Sorry to hear about the bike. 4 weeks, that really sucks. What was it?
This texting thing pisses me off. The whole point of text messaging (to me anyway) is that you can respond at your leisure rather than being forced to answer a phone call right then & there. It's turned into lab rats needing their food pellets instead. Dammit people, that text isn't going anywhere, it''ll keep for a few minutes.

rjd3282 07-20-2012 02:46 PM

That happened to me 7 years ago. Rear ended on my bike while waiting to make a left turn. Woman in minivan talking on phone. Left leg is now 1 inch shorter. Cost's me an extra 50 bucks to buy shoes because I have to have the left one modified. Can't ride anymore no strength in that leg and can't sit on wide bike seat. Glad you're ok.

ellwood45c 07-20-2012 02:58 PM

I got up and cussed her out pretty good then feel down. I partially dislocated my hip and got some road rash was about it. My bike was a 2006 heritage softail they have totaled it. I had the GAP insurance through eagle care, so i hope i wont be out to much cash. My local dealer that i deal with just called and asked about me and told me he had a bike he would loan me till i got another. They are good people, thanks all for the kind words it is greatly appreciated.

danf_fl 07-20-2012 03:00 PM

I try to ride as if I have a bull's-eye painted on me.
That includes leaving room for an "out" when stopped and watching the other drivers and mirrors.

silverado113 07-20-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellwood45c (Post 875947)
I got up and cussed her out pretty good then feel down. I partially dislocated my hip and got some road rash was about it. My bike was a 2006 heritage softail they have totaled it. I had the GAP insurance through eagle care, so i hope i wont be out to much cash. My local dealer that i deal with just called and asked about me and told me he had a bike he would loan me till i got another. They are good people, thanks all for the kind words it is greatly appreciated.

I wish the HD guys up here were like that, they are over priced and provide crappy customer service. Except for Petie but she's hot