All about Animals!!! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > All about Animals!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Here is a young male moose that some friends and I had rescued last October.

Warning, a bit graphic:

I just missed him by about a month ago as he was finally released from the refuge back into the wilds.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #32

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Anna when wolves "Ham String" an animal it gets ugly. Nature is not kind by human standards. We humans have slaughter houses where we pay other people to do our uncomfortable task.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #33

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
WE just had to take Bo to the vet with a busted leg. I'm not sure how it happened but two pins and a couple wires later he is getting better every day. He does not like the shaved look though.
Oh nooo he has to be misreable! That kitten is so freakin cute!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #34

She is making that face like hurry up and take the pic and get me outta this lol!! The cat in the chair is beautiful!

Old 06-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

forumrunner_20130614_090050.jpg   forumrunner_20130614_090154.jpg  

I don't need No stinking signature.

tri70 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
Here is a young male moose that some friends and I had rescued last October.

Warning, a bit graphic:

I just missed him by about a month ago as he was finally released from the refuge back into the wilds.
Oh thats great he was rereleased! I rescued a hawk that got hit by a far and sent to rehab and got to be there to release it. Very moving!

Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Oh myyy goshhh!!! How in the world did u manage that!!

Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #38
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe View Post

Oh myyy goshhh!!! How in the world did u manage that!!
She just climbed onto him. For the most part the cats avoid her. She has absolutely no issue with walking up to them and pulling their hair or biting them, she's even been known to throw stuff at them and dive bomb them. She's the boss. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Last edited by mountainman13; 06-14-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Anna when wolves "Ham String" an animal it gets ugly. Nature is not kind by human standards. We humans have slaughter houses where we pay other people to do our uncomfortable task.

Ya, very not fun to watch when it is happening, and not allowed to step in and take sides. This moose was lucky in that the wolves gave up and left him for the elements to finish him off. Thats when we did step in and were able to rescue him. (I have pics of a pack of wolves taking down a carribou the same way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe View Post
Oh thats great he was rereleased! I rescued a hawk that got hit by a far and sent to rehab and got to be there to release it. Very moving!
That is awesum Amanda
I was involved in the capture of a bald eagle that was hit by a car and survived, and we came in to try and save it. Just wearing the gloves and feeling its strenght as it grips your fist with their talons is truely amazing. One friend was trying to grab hold of an eagle as it had spread its wings and was smacking him trying to get away, (one of its wings was broken) and the eagle ended up landing on his shoulder, neck area and dug in and just sat there clawing the ranger and wouldn't get off. The ranger ended up having to drive his jeep back into town to the vet at the time to have it 'removed'!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Ya, very not fun to watch when it is happening, and not allowed to step in and take sides. This moose was lucky in that the wolves gave up and left him for the elements to finish him off. Thats when we did step in and were able to rescue him. (I have pics of a pack of wolves taking down a carribou the same way)

That is awesum Amanda
I was involved in the capture of a bald eagle that was hit by a car and survived, and we came in to try and save it. Just wearing the gloves and feeling its strenght as it grips your fist with their talons is truely amazing. One friend was trying to grab hold of an eagle as it had spread its wings and was smacking him trying to get away, (one of its wings was broken) and the eagle ended up landing on his shoulder, neck area and dug in and just sat there clawing the ranger and wouldn't get off. The ranger ended up having to drive his jeep back into town to the vet at the time to have it 'removed'!

Oh my gosh Anna I cannot imagine watching something like that and being helpless, luckliy the hawk was pretty placid and a really nice man stopped while i was waiting on the rescuer to get there and he had a small coop for chickens and we used that and i put it in my jeep and met the rehab lady. I am soo thankful that there are rehabs for some of our animals!! Glad I aint the only one who stops to help, i move turtles out of road and people look at me like i have lost my mind. I came up on a huge cooter that had been hit by a big truck, same one i helped a few mnths ago, and its shell was ripped off of its back, it was suffering so bad, well lets just say its a good thing i am always carrying, i couldnt leave it to suffer, my last rescue was the cutest tiny brown bat that my father in law hit on way home one night and I happened to walk by his truck, his little leg was caught so we freed him and off he went. I think God places me in certain places, because it happens too often to be a coincidence
img_0363.jpg