Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > All about Animals!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #21
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2696 Times on 1850 Posts
Likes Given: 533

Default My Bulldog "son" Gator

Sry to repeat: I am owned by a 2-1/2 year old 82 Pound Rescue named Gator.
he was left for dead in the Desert north of Tucson and made his way over 2+ weeks back to the Phx area! along the way he was attacked and had to defend himself from either a coyote or a Javalina and was badly injured. He was then rescued by Maricopa Animal Control. They thought they had a 4-6 year old adult Bulldog Mix, when he was actually a 1 yr. old Olde English Bulldogge( Std Bulldog Head & face but Longer Legs and wide shoulders like an American Bulldog or Boxer) we adopted him 1 year & 1 Week ago! Before we got him he was fostered for 11 weeks after recovering from his injuries by a Young couple In Tempe. While with them he broke off his Lead and jumped in the Pool and swam laps, so we kept his name!! He is currently training to by my Emotional support Therapy dog. He still has Flight for flight issues with other dogs & cats but Loves People, Esp. Kids! he's already saved my Life!! I lost 123 Pounds under dr. care & South Beach diet. In late April, just before a business trip Back east(my Last ever) I collapsed getting out of bed, being in Renal/Kidney failure with a Blood sugar count of 27! Gator Tried to Get me up from the floor and Barked his HEAD off to get my wife's attention, and then had to watch medical rescue take me out on a stretcher! Since that we have been even closer if thats possible! He follows me everywhere in the house, Backyard, or my Office/Studio/Wkshp.(the Garage!) if you want to follow him on Facebook just search for Gator the Old English Bulldog(ge)(spelled exactly like that)! Pics:

image.jpg  

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-14-2013 at 02:17 AM.
pawjr74 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 02:18 AM   #22

Sry only letting me upload 1 pic to msg at a time!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 06-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #23

Liked 55 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Sry to repeat: I am owned by a 2-1/2 year old 82 Pound Rescue named Gator.
he was left for dead in the Desert north of Tucson and made his way over 2+ weeks back to the Phx area! along the way he was attacked and had to defend himself from either a coyote or a Javalina and was badly injured. He was then rescued by Maricopa Animal Control. They thought they had a 4-6 year old adult Bulldog Mix, when he was actually a 1 yr. old Olde English Bulldogge( Std Bulldog Head & face but Longer Legs and wide shoulders like an American Bulldog or Boxer) we adopted him 1 year & 1 Week ago! Before we got him he was fostered for 11 weeks after recovering from his injuries by a Young couple In Tempe. While with them he broke off his Lead and jumped in the Pool and swam laps, so we kept his name!! He is currently training to by my Emotional support Therapy dog. He still has Flight for flight issues with other dogs & cats but Loves People, Esp. Kids! he's already saved my Life!! I lost 123 Pounds under dr. care & South Beach diet. In late April, just before a business trip Back east(my Last ever) I collapsed getting out of bed, being in Renal/Kidney failure with a Blood sugar count of 27! Gator Tried to Get me up from the floor and Barked his HEAD off to get my wife's attention, and then had to watch medical rescue take me out on a stretcher! Since that we have been even closer if thats possible! He follows me everywhere in the house, Backyard, or my Office/Studio/Wkshp.(the Garage!) if you want to follow him on Facebook just search for Gator the Old English Bulldog(ge)(spelled exactly like that)! Pics:
What a wonderful story!!! He has been through alot bless his heart. I didnt know english bulldogs swam. I am so glad ya found each other. Animals are there for us like people cant be. They just openly love with no conditions. Glad to hear u r doing better.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #24

Liked 55 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Sry only letting me upload 1 pic to msg at a time!
That sucks

Old 06-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #25

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

My dog Aggie (or Aggimoose)

Mr Bo Jangles

Commodore Jingles

I don't take pics of the cows or the chickens, I just grow them and eat them. WE have a ton o outside cats but that bunch is ever changing as outside cats don't always live a real long time out here in the woods. WE have quite the passle of kittens at the moment. WE do have one really old ,outside cat I just call Mamma. She'll be 16 this fall.
Mamma

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

orangello Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

WE just had to take Bo to the vet with a busted leg. I'm not sure how it happened but two pins and a couple wires later he is getting better every day. He does not like the shaved look though.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

tri70 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Old 06-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Old 06-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Old 06-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaloveszoe

What a wonderful story!!! He has been through alot bless his heart. I didnt know english bulldogs swam. I am so glad ya found each other. Animals are there for us like people cant be. They just openly love with no conditions. Glad to hear u r doing better.
Regular short legged ones(and french Bulldogs) DO NOT! they sink without a life jacket! American, Olde English, and Victorians all have longer legs and thicker chests & shoulders so they are more Bouyant!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-14-2013 at 04:42 AM.