Alcohol and guns do not mix!!!!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Alcohol and guns do not mix!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

The only ones to screw things up are the lying liberal swine scum media. That bar could end crime in that neighborhood, and have the safest record for 20 years, and the day ONE thing goes wrong, the MSM scum are going to pounce on it like its the unholy breakdown of society as we know it.

They haven't even built it yet, and the scum journalists are writing about it.....

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #22

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I have a few questions. 1) do fights occur at normal bars? 2) Yes they say your card is flagged, but you still have your gun on you, correct? 3) In the state of Indiana you can not have your weapon with you while you are drinking, are they going to ask all the permit holders to take their guns to the car? 4) wouldn't that be against their rights? It's a cool idea, but I see some asshat screwing it all up.
Yes normal bars have fights...but who's to say people aren't carrying in the normal bar? Also who's going to start a problem knowing that most people could possibly be armed (other than people that want suicide by gun shop). Yes the problem can arise but it also could happen anywhere. I've been out and had a couple drinks while I was cc'ing but I didn't shoot no one, which I doubt the majority would also do. One persons actions do not define what the populous will do. I understand the concern for it but they serve beer at gun shows down here and I've never heard of an issue happen although I know it's a little different. I like the idea they have and hope it works out.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8283 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

I would like to think that this range/bar is going to have a smarter class of drinker than your average dive bar where inebriated asshats get in fights over the most minor slight. Come to think of it I have not been in a bar of any kind for God knows how long, as I don't enjoy the sort of people who hang out in bars, but on the other hand I have been to a couple of clubs. Different sort of clientele.

But if there ever is a gunfight in the parking lot they will be shut down before the smoke clears.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 09-21-2012 at 06:19 PM.
willfully armed Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj
Azzhats can find ways to screw up anything. I see no problem with responsible people doing anything they wish responsibly.

anyone here heard of fitness clubs that have bars in them? here are people who are fatigued from working out ... consuming alchohol ... then driving home

don't hear anyone complaining about that one
I have never heard of this.....dehydrated people shouldn't be drinking for sure. Who the hell goes to a gym to drink? Very strange.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1203 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 500

All the Sportsman's clubs, Rod & Gun clubs, etc. I have visited in WI have some sort of liquor license, usually beer only. These clubs also have a rule of "shoot before you drink". No fancy card scanner system either.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #26

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I would like to think that this range/bar is going to have a smarter class of drinker than your average dive bar where inebriated asshats get in fights over the most minor slight. Come to think of it I have not been in a bar of any kind for God knows how long, as I don't enjoy the sort of people who hang out in bars.

But if there ever is a gunfight in the parking lot they will be shut down before the smoke clears.
Agreed. This seems like it will be an upscale kind of place and while I know that does not mean there will not be idiots, the chance of a couple drunk hillrods getting in a fight is less.

I grew up in rural Maine, EVERYONE seemed to have guns. There rifles and shotguns in the back of every ones pickup truck in my high school parking lot. There were also rifles and shotguns in peoples cars at the local bar. As was said above, most of the rod and gun clubs serve beer or at least let you byob in the clubhouse, I think there are people commenting who have not really been around other areas of our country and have no clue what life is like outside their little bubble.

There is a indoor go cart racing place near me that has a bar. They don't let you race after you have had a drink. It's a pretty simple concept.

I think it is a great idea. There are people here who don't have the whole story and are speculating. This range/bar might very require you to secure the firearm in your vehicle or maybe they will offer a secure place to store it while you are in the bar area, we don't really know yet. They seem to have a solid plan in place and I wish them luck.

Last edited by JD1969; 09-21-2012 at 01:43 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #27
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1762 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 5341

I don't drink, but hearing gun folks talk about limiting something legal is kinda wierd.

It's kinda like hearing non-gun owners talking abouting limiting guns.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #28

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I have a few questions. 1) do fights occur at normal bars? 2) Yes they say your card is flagged, but you still have your gun on you, correct? 3) In the state of Indiana you can not have your weapon with you while you are drinking, are they going to ask all the permit holders to take their guns to the car? 4) wouldn't that be against their rights? It's a cool idea, but I see some asshat screwing it all up.
Okay, you can Rube Goldberg this to death if you want too, but I will play along.

1) Do fights occur in bars? Yes. Usually over a female. Or a sporting event. Or other childish behavior. Do people that go to bars and engage in these sorts of chest beating behavior already have guns in their vehicles or knives on their person? I would have to say most likley yes.

2) Even if the gun is on you, or in your range bag at the table, doesn't make having a couple of beers with your friends, or your lady, an instant full force scenario. If that were the case, I think we would see a lot more people getting killed in bar fights, instead of getting into bar fights.

3) This is Georgia, so the Indiana laws are irrelevent to the discussion as apparently in Georgia no such law exists. Therefor by it being legal to in possession of a gun, on private property that has a license to sell alcohol, you are not in violation of any laws and by counter to that, no Right have been stepped upon.

4) Is no longer a concern, see above.

I am with Dog, if you look hard enough, you will find an icehole somewhere who will go out of their way to f*ck up a good thing for all.

We have an indoor range here, Wade's Eastside Guns. They have had, that I can count, no less than 3 suicides in the range area with people taking rented guns to the bathroom and shooting themselves. And there was NO alcohol involved, so should all indoor ranges in my area be closed because some people can't be trusted?

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20001208&slug=TTF72IN8V

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-64628308.html
Old 09-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Default Beverage of Choice

I live in CT and in order to shoot legally, I had to join a private rod n gun club. This club is old and to the best of my knowledge, has been serving liquor for quite some time.

Members are expected to shoot first and then they can enjoy a beverage of choice after. We don't have any fancy card system but as of this year, we now have video cameras up on all ranges n the bar area.

The cameras caused quite a stir at first as my club operates on the honor system but insurance cost for gun clubs are ridiculous and getting worse.

No beverage taste quite as sweet as the one won at the range or the golf course.
I used to enjoy teaching newbees how to shoot and many enjoyed the roaring fire of the lounge n drinks as part of a positive -" gun club experience."

Old 09-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2841 Times on 1411 Posts
Likes Given: 294

As long as the adults keep things sorted, I don't see the problem. FWIW, I suspect Jim-Bob & Bubba aren't the target audience. It sounds more Beverly Hills than Beverly Hillbilly. Besides, it simply saves the drive from the range to the Bar & Grill. Frankly I hate the assumption that the average shooter is to stupid to behave like an adult, just because there are adult beverages conveniently located nearby.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This