Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Alabama Shooting Spree

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Alabama Shooting Spree

Gunman shoots 9 in south Alabama, then himself

May all those people rest in peace.

Why the hell do guys like this need to screw it up for the rest of us law abiding citizens. I wish I was the guy at the gas station. That nutjob wouldn't have made it out of the parking lot.

Thats probably all the ammo Obama needs to stamp his assault weapon ban.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 AM   #2

No one will address the issue that this azz -hole was quite obviously absolutely frikkin nuts. What follows will be a cry to ban guns with the "I told you so" attitude.

Because I am sure that this guy would never have hurt anyone if there wasn't a gun handy.

I do send prayers to the victims and thier families.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 03-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5629 Times on 3310 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

RIP to the victims of this loon.

Has anyone said if his weapons were legal or legally purchased? I do think he would've gone axe swinging or something if guns had been unavailable. Sad turn of events.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

My condolences to the victim of yet another tragedy that will more associated to the tool used than the root cause behind why it happened.

Got to love ( and by that I mean hate ) the AP. They always go with the "when they found the automatic weapon" line. Every damn time. I bet a week's salary no one at the AP could give you the definition of an Automatic Weapon.

This guy fits the mold of a Spree Killer more than the story of the church incident. He started with family, to alleviate the shame they would feel after his act was done, and made his way to what I suspect was his real objective, the metal plant where he used to work. The shots along the way served two purposes

1) to keep his energy level ( his blood lust ) up and not cause him to re-think the situation. This was most likely a sub-conscious act.

2) To draw as much attention to himself as possible so that he would be able to achieve his suicide by cop end game scenario. The shootings at the Wal*Mart and the Hardware store, where lots of people could report the act, were no doubt planned to insure police response.

The sad fact is, I believe, that as the unemployment rate continues to rise, and people are put under more and more financial pressure ( one of the leading causes of fights between couples ) that incidents like these will rise accordingly.

When everyone is working and making money and bringing home the bacon, we don't have these types of random acts. When times get tough, and people can't feed themselves and their families, people do dumb, desperate sh!t....

I would urge our responsible gun owners of the forum to maintain your tongue, don't go saying something that could be used against us, but always, ALWAYS REMAIN EVER VIGILIANT....

JD

Old 03-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I heard about this just a few minutes ago on the news. What a horrible act, I really feel for the family and friends of those involved.

On another, related issue, I really worry about all these shootings of families due to lack of money(I recall 4 or 5 just recently) and similar acts including this one giving fuel to the anti gun wackos. I can't remember a time when I've heard of things of this nature so frequently. I believe it's a sign of the times but it's still a little scarey.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2221 Times on 1379 Posts
Likes Given: 14838

This is where things are open for both sides,negative anti guns,but the fact remains,if anyone of us,"gun enthusiasts", would have been around,there would have been a lot less deaths !we can't ban guns,the police can't be everywhere but we are. We need more guns,legal guns.They ban guns,we're all sitting ducks or criminals.Put more responsible people out there with guns,there will be less crime,too much risk for the bad guys !
I live in a small village,173 people,a gun behind every tree,there is no crime !

Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #7

My condolences to the families and friends of this idiot.
On a different note did anyone see where some A$$ hole in Germany, of all places killed 15? Germany has some of the strictest gun control in the world, short of total bans. My condolences to these folk as well.
Why can't dumb a$$e$ kill themselves first?

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is only one generation from extinction"
Pres. Ronald Reagan
Member; NRA, GOA, and TSRA. ResistNet.com member

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
This is where things are open for both sides,negative anti guns,but the fact remains,if anyone of us,"gun enthusiasts", would have been around,there would have been a lot less deaths !we can't ban guns,the police can't be everywhere but we are. We need more guns,legal guns.They ban guns,we're all sitting ducks or criminals.Put more responsible people out there with guns,there will be less crime,too much risk for the bad guys !
I live in a small village,173 people,a gun behind every tree,there is no crime !
Its the same deal with VT. Practically no gun laws and there is no crime because everyone has a gun and is willing to use it to prevent events like this. Why doesn't our government look at cold hard statistics. They are the definition of ignorance.

I wonder how many facts the media will leave out of this story to make it look bad for gun owners.

I'm going to stop here because the rest I have to say would be bad for FirearmsTalk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #9

You know there is going to be an Obama admin response to this. I fear it may be another AWB.

What I am trying to figure out is, what would the alternative be? Here are two cases of Lunatics (alabama and germany) just shooting at will.

Obamas solution will be to ban assault weapons transfers, and if that goes without a revolt, possibly confiscation.

What would be a reasoned counter to that. For the guy in Alabama, did people not know he was a nut job? Did people not know he was going off the deep end? All it would have taken is one person calling the local police and saying "this guy I know is suicidal, has a BIG gun, and is going to start shooting people this afternoon"...but the call never came.

How do we prevent some jerk going nutz on us like this in the future. And how do we do it without loosing 300 years of gunning heritage and American freedom? We really need a counter proposal!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

News update. Ala. gunman left list of those who wronged him

He was "heavily armed" with two assault rifles, a shotgun, and a 38 special. I guess the majority of us on this website are "heavily armed".

Very sad story. The last part about Josh Myers' family is just heart breaking. I couldn't imagine losing my wife and my 15 month old daughter. My prayers go to him tonight.

Death was too good for this lunatic.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!