Al Gore and his cronies are big fat liars - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Al Gore and his cronies are big fat liars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

And then there's always this.....
(from the seventies)

image-858250124.jpg

image-1191022672.jpg

image-1747796194.jpg

Old 02-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #12

Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 21

These articles did offer scientific discussion, not politics, but it was more of what might happen in the future. Rex offered some evidence about what is actually happening right now. There is another headline on the cover that did not occur. Can you spot it?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #13

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
The guy from Michigan (me) was trying to say that I believe what you have seen with your own eyes, rather than what an investment paper & others have presented to be a 'green' conspiracy. Sorry that wasn't clear...
It was clear to me.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #14

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I don't think there's much disagreement that the climate is changing in some way. The big debate has always been....are we causeing it? I don't think there's much to support that we are. And... good post Rex.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
I don't think there's much disagreement that the climate is changing in some way. The big debate has always been....are we causeing it? I don't think there's much to support that we are. And... good post Rex.
I agree with sonic......

Old 02-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf
These articles did offer scientific discussion, not politics, but it was more of what might happen in the future. Rex offered some evidence about what is actually happening right now. There is another headline on the cover that did not occur. Can you spot it?
It's all speculation as to the cause tho. Look at the third column of the article...man may be responsible for the cooling...fuel burning, dust, etcetera blocking the suns rays from properly heating the earth? now it's the same story, but it's causing warming instead? There may very well be changes in the global climate. But it seems people like Mr Gore are trying to get the cause nailed down as being man-made so that the solution can be man PAID.

Mother nature doesn't have a checking account, so it's not in their interest that this be natural phenomena.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #17

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

With billions at stake, it always helps to claim both sides of the equation.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #18

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

It's about the money and global power.

http://thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/10842-un-may-get-global-carbon-tax-on-air-travel-to-avert-trade-war

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #19

Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I don't think there is any doubt about the possibility of things we do impacting the environment, but the question is how significant? For example, with all of the industrialization taking place in China, the air quality in major cities has suffered greatly. The air around Beijing is absolutely terrible, and very unhealthy. It looks like bad fog or smoke all the time. For the last Olympic Games the factories were actually shut down temporarily to allow the air to clear. There is an extremely high rate of respiratory ailments occurring but the Chinese government doesn't care. I know all of you would hate to have to breathe this air, especially those of you who live in the more rural areas.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf
I don't think there is any doubt about the possibility of things we do impacting the environment, but the question is how significant? For example, with all of the industrialization taking place in China, the air quality in major cities has suffered greatly. The air around Beijing is absolutely terrible, and very unhealthy. It looks like bad fog or smoke all the time. For the last Olympic Games the factories were actually shut down temporarily to allow the air to clear. There is an extremely high rate of respiratory ailments occurring but the Chinese government doesn't care. I know all of you would hate to have to breathe this air, especially those of you who live in the more rural areas.
I'm not arguing that fact. Dirty air is BS. That doesn't mean it's contributing to an overall climate shift.

The climate has been changing for a LONG time. I seem to recall a previous "ice age" from history class...long before we were around.