Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Airsoft-Yes or No?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I "competed" from 99' to about 2003 with a dedicated team of airsoft players.

We bought all metal, fully automatic, hardcore guns and we upgraded them from there with advanced nickel metal Hi batteries for long life.

We traveled all over Washington, Idaho and Oregon to play other teams.

And we had a BLAST!

Playing competitive airsoft, against real, honest competitors is great training if you limit magazine capacity and FPS so no one gets hurt.

I have no shame is saying I learned a lot about working from a stack, and clearing a room by "cutting the pie" while playing in "airsoft games".

And I died a LOT.

But I'm still here bitches.

why would ya lower the velocity?

ya ever played paintball, that s!-!it hurts. no FPS decreases there.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS

Paintball is for idiots. Who shoots paint at someother person? Airsoft is so much more realistic. Decrease in FPS? The only way to decrease your FPS is BB weight, loss of compression, Spring loosens up or you change the spring to a different one. Or you have a Polar Star Engine in your pistol grip that you can use to control the FPS manually.

Oh and he would change his FPS by those above because airsoft is dangerous with high FPS and can literally poke a whole through your skin and such at high enough FPS. And there's limits on FPS like 400 for auto rifles, 450 for semi, 500 for Sniper Rifles.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post

Our FPS was set at 450.

An airsoft gun is fully automatic. Which is about 6-10 times as fast as the fastest paintball gun.

A paintball shoots a .68 caliber sphere.

An airsoft gun shoots 6mm plastic BB's as fast as it possibly can.

I can assure you. While one round MIGHT hurt. 50-100 will REALLY get your attention.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

Our FPS was set at 450.

An airsoft gun is fully automatic. Which is about 6-10 times as fast as the fastest paintball gun.

A paintball shoots a .68 caliber sphere.

An airsoft gun shoots 6mm plastic BB's as fast as it possibly can.

I can assure you. While one round MIGHT hurt. 50-100 will REALLY get your attention.
Try a gun that shoots 700fps and 300+yds easily. That will poke holes in your goggles and gear.

Most rifles that aren't cheap pieces of crap can reach 200ft easily with the right weight of bbs and hop up modifications.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #15

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71
Not sure where to put this but what do you think of airsoft as? If your thinking airsoft is Walmart clear guns you are wrong. I just want to see what Real steel users(You all) think about airsoft.
Airsoft is great for training. There are a few airsoft users floating around here somewhere. You just have to be careful when choosing airsoft optics and putting them on real steel.. You know, the Chinese quality stuff

Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey

Airsoft is great for training. There are a few airsoft users floating around here somewhere. You just have to be careful when choosing airsoft optics and putting them on real steel.. You know, the Chinese quality stuff
Some of them are actually pretty decent. Eotech replicas or clones have paralax and that's it. Aimpoints have nothing really wrong with them. The Airsoft ACOGs look sweet but have a short life of maybe 2 years.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #17

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
blah, blah, blah, today
I wasn't playing TODAY. Duh.

I was playing almost a dozen years ago!

I was trying to give you some street credit around here, on a real gun forum, but apparently your intentions are all about how the young airsofters are the best in the business.

A 6mm plastic BB will never touch what I can do with my, multiple, real AR's.

And if you want to play who has the cooler sh*t??

This is real, even the ATF stamp. A little something to "strive for".

We are done here. Have a good time with your lone thread of any interest.
nighthawk-executive-1-cane.jpg  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

I wasn't playing TODAY. Duh.

I was playing almost a dozen years ago!

I was trying to give you some street credit around here, on a real gun forum, but apparently your intentions are all about how the young airsofters are the best in the business.

A 6mm plastic BB will never touch what I can do with my, multiple, real AR's.

And if you want to play who has the cooler sh*t??

This is real, even the ATF stamp. A little something to "strive for".

We are done here. Have a good time with your lone thread of any interest.
What's with the picture of 1911? Wow real M16s do more damage then airsoft M16s? Who knew. Wow multiple ARs look at the badass.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #19

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

i only know about bein hit by paintballs. i am aware of the airsoft "BBs" as you call them, but they are plastic. i HAVE been shot with a .177 BB gun @ about 40 yds tho. i have NOT been shot with airsoft, so i cannot imagine being hit with one. heavy and additional clothing is not worn for protection?

the reason i said paintball, was because they put blood whelps on you...............and yes, the size of cherry tomatoes. i just can't see plastic BBs hurtin much more than a wasp sting. IDK. you tell me.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS
i only know about bein hit by paintballs. i am aware of the airsoft "BBs" as you call them, but they are plastic. i HAVE been shot with a .177 BB gun @ about 40 yds tho. i have NOT been shot with airsoft, so i cannot imagine being hit with one. heavy and additional clothing is not worn for protection?

the reason i said paintball, was because they put blood whelps on you...............and yes, the size of cherry tomatoes. i just can't see plastic BBs hurtin much more than a wasp sting. IDK. you tell me.
Depends on the gun. We sure as hell can't put tomatoe sized welts on you but the right gun can go hurt about 10x worse than any paintball. We wear ballistic proof ESS goggles or other eye pro. Then combat boots, ACU or BDUs and pretty much what all the military today wears.

Closed Thread