Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Airsoft anybody?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 279 Times on 243 Posts

So has anybody else turned to Airsoft to suit their need to practice or simply shoot something? Maybe pellet guns...?

I'm just so sick of the gouging and scalping, I haven't been shooting in months. Now I've never kept secret how I feel about practice, I only shoot because I like doing it. I thought it was just the bang, but I've found it's the targeting and accuracy I enjoy most.

Anyway, I've recently turned to this Airsoft thing for my plinking. Best of all, I can do it from the convenience of my own home or garage. And reloading is simple, no primers, no powder, no measuring and no work, just pick them up and put them back in the mag! I'm seriously loving this! No ear protection necessary either.

They even make some pretty cool and lifelike models with blowback operation. Refillable with simple propane, can't go wrong. And it's sooooooo much cheaper!

Just curious. I still can't wait for prices to subside on real cartridges so I can cause mayhem, but until then I've found a great substitute!

forumrunner_20130407_164420.jpg

forumrunner_20130407_164433.jpg

forumrunner_20130407_164443.jpg

Not my pics, but what I just ordered to replace the one I used for testing to see if I'd like this. I do!

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 04-08-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #2

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

You have officially peaked my interest, what is this gun in your pics about? where? how much? etc.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
You have officially peaked my interest, what is this gun in your pics about? where? how much? etc.
Right. I'll find the you tube video of it as well. It's all metal, weighs in just shy of what the real deal does. Functioning grip and thumb safeties. I assume it's aluminum instead of steel. Most is made in Taiwan.

This one is known as the WE Baby Hi-Capa, it's just over 100 with shipping. The full size Hi-capas (high capacity) are pretty amazing as well. Here's a site you should check out. They even have some fully licensed by manufacturers like Colt, Sig Sauer, Winchester, etc. They make fully automatic ARs as well. I'm not quite that into it yet, probably won't be, but it's nice to be able to enjoy my favorite pass time while my favorite pass time is absurdly overpriced! Lol

http://www.replicaairguns.com/

They're not illegal or infringing, they have airsoft, bb, and blank firing guns, either identical in look with different branding or fully licensed with all corresponding logos and insignia.

One thing to note is they all come with orange tips. Required by law to differentiate. They're not required to stay on once purchased by private party. Some, like this one, either simply screw out or are glued on and can be removed by heating tip. Others must be sawed or sanded off. It's usually pretty obvious which ones are which.

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 04-08-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 04-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

I used to a few years ago, not lately though. Walmart has a sweet HK USP for $40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
I used to a few years ago, not lately though. Walmart has a sweet HK USP for $40
Lately seems like exactly the time to though, does it not? For the reasons I've pointed out. Anyway, I saw that one too. There are some good ones out there, many cost as much as real guns, but I wasn't willing to go that far. Lol

Old 04-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #6

Here's a video link, I use my phone for all this so it's a mobile browser link to mobile site, hope it works for ya...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=bPRXu4-vs-E&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbPRXu4-vs-E

Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #7

This is cool as hell, one trivial concern would be some dumbass knucklehead getting one and getting himself shot because at 20 feet I'm not sure if I could tell it was an airsoft pistol or the real deal.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #8

Quote:
This is cool as hell, one trivial concern would be some dumbass knucklehead getting one and getting himself shot because at 20 feet I'm not sure if I could tell it was an airsoft pistol or the real deal.
That's what the orange tip is for. I don't take mine outside, just shoot around the house indoors. But were I to I'd handle it the same way I do my real guns. Only difference is children can buy this one. That's what scares me.

Oh and this has already happened, several times over decades. This is why they make them with orange tips.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #9

I gotta admit that's a pretty darn cool toy, I think my son WOULD STRIGHT GO BONKERS over this thing. He's got his BB rifles but he can only play with them when I'm around, I don't think I'd let him run around the yard with this though, damn snooping neighbors might call the cops because they can't stand minding their own damn bid'ness. But he'd have a blast with this, shoot man, I would LOL.

http://youtu.be/NcZ15imKCkE

Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #10

Quote:
I gotta admit that's a pretty darn cool toy, I think my son WOULD STRIGHT GO BONKERS over this thing. He's got his BB rifles but he can only play with them when I'm around, I don't think I'd let him run around the yard with this though, damn snooping neighbors might call the cops because they can't stand minding their own damn bid'ness. But he'd have a blast with this, shoot man, I would LOL.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/NcZ15imKCkE
I know, they're great fun! Just something to tide me over until ammo prices and availability come back to some normalcy. Lol