Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Airsoft (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/airsoft-14497/)

notdku 06-05-2009 04:03 AM

Airsoft

Anyone play? I know some think it's idiots running around the woods acting like soldiers but I find it pretty amusing so long as you don't take yourself too serious. It's enjoyable on a play level going out to the ranch with friends and playing a few games with teams.

Going Postal 06-05-2009 06:40 AM

You know those Airsoft pellets are not made of air and they sure ain't soft.:D

The first time I saw one of those was about 30 years ago. I was showing one to my 7 year old son and said "those thing can't hurt anyone, they are air soft" and proceeded to shoot myself on the bare belly.:eek: That is how I know my first statement is true.:D

Sorry, I messed up your thread, but I felt that it just had to be said. :rolleyes:

notdku 06-05-2009 06:55 AM

Yea it hurts. With the guns we play with it hurts more to me than getting hit with a paintball.

user4 06-05-2009 12:53 PM

I wanted to get into it, but the cost of the guns are nearly as much as a real one...so I buy a real one every time.

Gojubrian 06-05-2009 12:56 PM

Some airsoft guns are pretty cheap.

cpttango30 06-05-2009 01:06 PM

Airsoft for sissys and Mall Ninja the world over since 1992.

If your going to shoot people use real bullets. It makes the game much more fun.

Man as kids we did this stuff they just weren't called air soft it was called BB gun wars. We also didn't need to wear any silly goggles or helmets. We knew that if you shot someone in the face you got shot in the nuts.

Minionsram 06-05-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 113521)
Airsoft for sissys and Mall Ninja the world over since 1992.

If your going to shoot people use real bullets. It makes the game much more fun.

Man as kids we did this stuff they just weren't called air soft it was called BB gun wars. We also didn't need to wear any silly goggles or helmets. We knew that if you shot someone in the face you got shot in the nuts.

I have scars from BB wars:D It was fun and wholesome entertainment

user4 06-05-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 113516)
Some airsoft guns are pretty cheap.

Yes, and you get what you pay for. I don't want to go into a game weak. I'm out to murder every mother loving last one of them.

gregs887 06-06-2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 113521)
If your going to shoot people use real bullets. It makes the game much more fun....

"Pssh, get up you *****! It was only a .22!":D

WDB 06-06-2009 05:43 AM

My only issue with high quality airsoft is they look like real firearms. So LEO's have to decide if it's a toy or real. It won't be long before some crying mother is telling the story that the cops shot her son and all he had was a airsoft. He may have held up the local store with that toy but still the cops shot him when he pointed a toy gun at them. She will get a nice settlement and the LOE's will have to second guess if it's are or a toy, seconds they shouldn't have to spend to protect us. Just my 2C