Airport Security TSA - Longest line ever!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Airport Security TSA - Longest line ever!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1886 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 3888

Default Airport Security TSA - Longest line ever!

Chicago O'Hare security checkpoint entry line, estimated 500 feet in two different directions, worst is not the holiday rush! Watch the video, taken 16 Nov 2010.

It is almost better to drive!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

O'Hare was a cluster**** even before 9/11. I absolutely hate going through there and avoid it if at all possible.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #3

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I just had a thought. One of society's arguments for marxism is that the trains run on time. I wonder if this is some sick, twisted way to create a problem out of which MORE government control could be offered as a solution?

Imagine an opt-out system that costs money and requires a whole bunch of information about us?

Alright, conspiracy minute is hereby over...

Brought to you by Goldline: "Buy gold now as a hedge against societal implosion."

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 11-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #4

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
I just had a thought. One of society's arguments for marxism is that the trains run on time. I wonder if this is some sick, twisted way to create a problem out of which MORE government control could be offered as a solution?

Imagine an opt-out system that costs money and requires a whole bunch of information about us?

Alright, conspiracy minute is hereby over...

Brought to you by Goldline: "Buy gold now as a hedge against societal implosion."
I don't think that even the government could create such a cluster* and then suggest that more government would solve the problem.

As for the opt-out system, there is one in place already. Just charter a private jet, most of those leave from "executive" portions of airports and security is different there and by different I mean, do you think that Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, or Rupert Murdoch get patted down or walk through a scanner? Probably they do walk through the regular metal detector but they will never be "randomly" selected like you or I.

I wouldn't mind a long term opt-out option like they tried once before with a frequent flyer registry. I've already had the background check for a security clearance done on me, seems logical that they could verify this and also do a check on their own and then issue me a card that requires a pin. I could then be allowed to go through a standard metal detector, swipe my card and enter my pin to verify my identity bypassing the more extreme measures.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5629 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

i gave up flying years ago i just drive. it takes longer but i enjoy seeing the country and meeting different people. its also a hella lot cheaper to just drive.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #6

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 229

i'm flying out of midway tomorrow morning at 7:30am....dont expect it to be too bad but i was contemplating a quick iron on t shirt with my own definition of TSA on it, or squeezing into my high school wrestling singlet for the pat down.....not sure yet, i'll let you know how it goes.....

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Get ready to bail out the airlines as many folks are just fed up with the hassle of flying. I will do everything I can not to have to fly again as I think it's totally ridiculous what you know have to subject yourself to...

Old 11-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 716 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

My wife and I are glad we made vacation this year a roadtrip instead of flying, and given the latest TSA shenanigans, it will likely be a trend for us. Now we just need a causeway to Hawaii...

Old 11-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #9
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1886 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 3888

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
My wife and I are glad we made vacation this year a roadtrip instead of flying, and given the latest TSA shenanigans, it will likely be a trend for us. Now we just need a causeway to Hawaii...
We need three more, one going to Japan and the other heading to mainland Europe and to England!

Ofcourse, need to have the gas station and lodging en-route!