Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Airport Security TSA - Longest line ever! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/airport-security-tsa-longest-line-ever-34620/)

Bigcountry02 11-21-2010 10:21 PM

Airport Security TSA - Longest line ever!

Chicago O'Hare security checkpoint entry line, estimated 500 feet in two different directions, worst is not the holiday rush! Watch the video, taken 16 Nov 2010.

It is almost better to drive!

gregs887 11-21-2010 11:03 PM

O'Hare was a cluster**** even before 9/11. I absolutely hate going through there and avoid it if at all possible.

CHLChris 11-21-2010 11:14 PM

I just had a thought. One of society's arguments for marxism is that the trains run on time. I wonder if this is some sick, twisted way to create a problem out of which MORE government control could be offered as a solution?

Imagine an opt-out system that costs money and requires a whole bunch of information about us?

Alright, conspiracy minute is hereby over...

Brought to you by Goldline: "Buy gold now as a hedge against societal implosion."

Yunus 11-22-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 389964)
I just had a thought. One of society's arguments for marxism is that the trains run on time. I wonder if this is some sick, twisted way to create a problem out of which MORE government control could be offered as a solution?

Imagine an opt-out system that costs money and requires a whole bunch of information about us?

Alright, conspiracy minute is hereby over...

Brought to you by Goldline: "Buy gold now as a hedge against societal implosion."

I don't think that even the government could create such a cluster* and then suggest that more government would solve the problem.

As for the opt-out system, there is one in place already. Just charter a private jet, most of those leave from "executive" portions of airports and security is different there and by different I mean, do you think that Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, or Rupert Murdoch get patted down or walk through a scanner? Probably they do walk through the regular metal detector but they will never be "randomly" selected like you or I.

I wouldn't mind a long term opt-out option like they tried once before with a frequent flyer registry. I've already had the background check for a security clearance done on me, seems logical that they could verify this and also do a check on their own and then issue me a card that requires a pin. I could then be allowed to go through a standard metal detector, swipe my card and enter my pin to verify my identity bypassing the more extreme measures.

JonM 11-22-2010 01:46 AM

i gave up flying years ago i just drive. it takes longer but i enjoy seeing the country and meeting different people. its also a hella lot cheaper to just drive.

Mack Bolan 11-22-2010 01:45 PM

i'm flying out of midway tomorrow morning at 7:30am....dont expect it to be too bad but i was contemplating a quick iron on t shirt with my own definition of TSA on it, or squeezing into my high school wrestling singlet for the pat down.....not sure yet, i'll let you know how it goes.....:o

NGIB 11-22-2010 02:01 PM

Get ready to bail out the airlines as many folks are just fed up with the hassle of flying. I will do everything I can not to have to fly again as I think it's totally ridiculous what you know have to subject yourself to...

buckhuntr 11-23-2010 12:50 AM

My wife and I are glad we made vacation this year a roadtrip instead of flying, and given the latest TSA shenanigans, it will likely be a trend for us. Now we just need a causeway to Hawaii...;)

Bigcountry02 11-23-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckhuntr (Post 390544)
My wife and I are glad we made vacation this year a roadtrip instead of flying, and given the latest TSA shenanigans, it will likely be a trend for us. Now we just need a causeway to Hawaii...;)

We need three more, one going to Japan and the other heading to mainland Europe and to England! :D

Ofcourse, need to have the gas station and lodging en-route!