Agent Orange & Ft. Gordon GA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Agent Orange & Ft. Gordon GA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9207 Times on 3972 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Default Agent Orange & Ft. Gordon GA

Well, today put one into the "Aw CRAP!" column of my life. Have always wondered why I am the only member of my family that has ever had diabetes. Been trying real hard to manage bood sugar, take care of my feet, etc. Today, I may have found out why I am diabetic.

In the fall of 1967, The DOD was testing herbicide spraying at Ft. Gordon GA. Products were Agent Orange and Agent White, delivered by helicopter spraying. Shortly after that, a young C3shooter was training in that area- including hiking thru it, sleeping in it, and digging holes in it.

I have been in communication with a gent that is doing research on the exact areas- and there has already been one case from Ft. Gordon that the VA (on appeal) has ruled to be a compensable, service related disability. While service in Vietnam will trigger Agent Orange status for people with certain illnesses, the VA had not extended this to stateside exposures. The VA has now listed the stateside areas where this was used for testing in their website.

Well, this sucks. I now have to go visit LBJs grave and Robert McNamara's. I have enough money to pay the bail for peeing on their tombstones.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Damn, that sucks C3.

Considering the evidence given, I would be willing to chip in for beer and bail money.

Good luck with the VA brother!

JD

Old 10-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's dead and stinkin' c3.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #4

Default jtoika

I was at Ft. Gordon in '69. I have Diabetes,Parkinsons Disease, Chloracne,Prostate Cancer Skin Cancer,and COPD. I know what you are saying. I will stand next you and piss right along with you.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5812 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 398

dont forget to pee on eisenhower and jfk's graves too. it was a tag team effort

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

That sucks c3 and jtoika. I'd give them hell for that.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'll bet we could all trace an illness of some sort back to the government, whether we were in the service of our country at the time or not.