Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   advice for going to bootcamp (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/advice-going-bootcamp-83181/)

Zschneider 02-02-2013 07:12 PM

advice for going to bootcamp

I leave for bootcamp in a few months I am looking for some advice to get my self ready I am going to Fort Linardwood Mo
' I don't think I spelled the name right '

dango 02-02-2013 07:20 PM

Keep a low profile and do everything to the best of your abilities,!

Remember what oath you swear to ( The Constitution and not the Government)!

Best wishes to you ! Stay safe !

KimberFan 02-02-2013 07:22 PM

Start liking to do a lot of running....and get ready to hear, "If it don't move- paint it". ;)
Best of luck to you and Thank You for what you're about to do too.

DFlynt 02-02-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zschneider (Post 1120836)
I leave for bootcamp in a few months I am looking for some advice to get my self ready I am going to Fort Linardwood Mo
' I don't think I spelled the name right '

Remember that large percentage of what they are doing is playing head games with you, once you realize that and learn to play their games with them you'll be just fine

Marlinman 02-02-2013 07:25 PM

Run, run run and by week two you shall HATE lenard wood. Thanks for what you are about to do.

locutus 02-02-2013 07:29 PM

Get in shape physically. GOOD SHAPE.

If you don't already know, learn how to say SIR!:D

Be psychologically prepared to be treated like sh!t.

Be aware that everything they say and do, no matter how much you hate it, is for your own good, and to keep you alive in battle.

Get yourself "psyched up" that passing isn't good enough. Only being number one is good enough. That mindset will serve you well throughout life.

Be not just prepared, but willing and anxious to work your ass off 14-16 hours per day for a couple of months.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!!:):):)

dango 02-02-2013 07:32 PM

Jody..? When you get back , kick his ass ..!

bobski 02-02-2013 07:36 PM

buy soap on a string and dont sleep with your mouth open.
youll be 3 hours from me. if you jump the fence, aim south and i'll put you up until the navy recruiter comes and saves you.:p

if you get a chance, shoot some skeet on the base range and tell em the vanzant clay pigeon farm sent you!

btw...just do what youre told and keep your mouth shut. youll do fine.

Zschneider 02-02-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1120858)
Get in shape physically. GOOD SHAPE.

If you don't already know, learn how to say SIR!:D

Be psychologically prepared to be treated like sh!t.

Be aware that everything they say and do, no matter how much you hate it, is for your own good, and to keep you alive in battle.

Get yourself "psyched up" that passing isn't good enough. Only being number one is good enough. That mindset will serve you well throughout life.

Be not just prepared, but willing and anxious to work your ass off 14-16 hours per day for a couple of months.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!!:):):)

I don't thank the drill sargents like to be called sir and since I signed my Contract I have lost waight and gained some muscle

Marlinman 02-02-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zschneider (Post 1120933)

I don't thank the drill sargents like to be called sir and since I signed my Contract I have lost waight and gained some muscle

You are in for a rude awakening bub. You ALWAYS reply yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am, no ma'am.......ALWAYS. you don't and you will be smoked daily. All day long. Who ever told you that you don't say that to them is full of shyt.