Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Adventures in shopping..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2845 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 16967

Adventures in shopping , auh..! Rings Walmart. To mind..! The bulging colorful span-dex , the casual conversation and intellect bedazzles me ..!

To interact with humanoid like creatures , obviously not of my planet..,!
But then , there is always the expectations of perhaps a bullet..?

Nope , no bullets, just jovial bipod-ial illusions of civilization..!

Eeeeeeeek..! Hmmmm...! Ok , I,ve never seen facial spandex before..! Eeek.!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #32
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yeah, but you have to eat them, not just suck them.

I must say there has been a time or two that I have had to use the bathroom and I push my cart out of the way and "abandon" it to use the restroom. I do try to leave it where it won't be in anyone's way and I'm never gone for more than a few minutes.
No, this is in no way the same thing. I'm referring to the people who generally park their cart in the middle of an aisle and then run back and forth to it while shopping. I generally consider an cart within 50' of a restroom to be "waiting" for its user. ;-)

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 05-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #33
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If you are implying because I did not spank my children that my parenting was ineffective, you are wrong.
NEVER! Corporal punishment is an individual parents choice and has nothing to do with what is effectual or not. I gauge parenting effectiveness on how polite and socially well-balanced a child acts in public and what respect he shows to others and their property. Kids that charge around the store screaming, opening packs of food and food fighting with the salad bar are generally believed by me to have poor or ineffective parents. However, I am not so arrogant to believe my way of parenting is the only right way.

I walked up to a boy roughly 10-12 at a public event because he was sitting alone at a four-person table. I said, "Excuse me" to which he looked me square in the eye and said, "Yes?" I continued, "May my wife and I share your table to eat lunch? It appears to be the only one available." He brightly replied, "Certainly! Be my guest." He was so polite I nearly fell over. As we sat and opened our food, he pulled out a FOUR-by-FOUR (16 squares) to a side Rubic Cube and proceeded to use his phone to time his assembly of one side. No Facebook, no talking to friends. I never met or saw his parents, but my very short visit with their pre-teen son left me very impressed with them as parents. Whatever they did, it works.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

axxe55 Likes This