Adventures in shopping..........
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Adventures in shopping..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9841

Default Adventures in shopping..........

A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store. It was in the day and there weren't many shoppers there. There was an older man riding around on one of those scooter/shopping carts. We were near the salad bar and there is also an olive bar. This man scoots up to the olives, grabs a few out of it and pops them in his mouth. I am not joking, I keep walking and a few aisles down I see him in the small section some grocery stores have for 'housewares' and he was wiping his mouth and hands on a kitchen towel that was on display for sale.

Then today, I am at the same store and there is another older man leaning into one of the refrigerator cases. It is filled with those boxes of precooked bacon. All the boxes look the same. And he's staring at them for quite a while. What I notice about him, though, is he has eyebrows that had to have weighed ten pounds each. His eyebrows made Andy Rooney's look tame. Please, men, if you have eyebrows that stick out over an inch in front of you, have the barber trim them when you get your hair cut.

Please share what you have witnessed while out shopping..........

dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #2

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

lol must be one of the old timers that think the world "owes" him a olive and much more to boot for being old and paying his dues in life. Chances are he didnt even need that cart at all and would just assume ram into you if you got in his way.
Now dont get me worng im not sayin all older folks are Dbags, but theres def. some out there that think the world owes them.

People in general shopping tend to pizz me off actually. Specially WallyWorlders that have the strung out on pixie stix kid that is runnin the shoppin cart or just runnin around unsupervised.
The awesome guy/women in the overly large bettyboop tshirt, sweatpants and a bluetooth hanging out of there ear airing out there bizzness while walking around.
The always texting clown that has there phone glued to there hands nonstop while shopping.
The scratch ticket fiends that cant make up there minds about which ticket they wanna lose on next,or cashing in there pile of $1winners.

Yea alotta crap bugs me while shopping lol

Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #3

Liked 391 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 6

shoppin at the grocery store a couple years ago, right in front of me this women was digging in one of the big refrigerated bins in the chilled food area. an old guy went by, stopped, looked in her cart, grabbed a food item out of her cart, put it in his, & kept walking.

I thought I was being punked or something, he wasn't even sneaky about it. acted like he did it all the time

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

People Like This 
Old 04-30-2013, 04:26 AM   #4

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

My company performs electrical work for big box retailers and Wal Mart is a large client...

If you've seen the "women of Wal Mart videos" you have an idea of what I see weekly as I'm reviewing our onsite progress durring remodels...

I hate to pick on the heavy ladies but someone... for GOD's SAKE... tell them that spandex is for athletes... and that "competitive eating" is NOT a sport.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 04-30-2013 at 04:28 AM.
People Like This 
Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

I hate shopping at almost every store. Lets leave my experiences at that

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

People Like This 
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #6

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Forget people of walmart there shoud be a people of K-mart. I try to avoid going to either but hands down the people I see at K-mart are way worse. If it wasnt so close to the house and never crouded I would never go there.

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

dango Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 AM   #7

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts

Oh don't get me started. Those parents that bring their kids to the store and then let them run wild just burns me up. Also people that meet in the store and stop in the middle of the isle blocking it and won't move. At least if I run into some I know and we need to talk I'll have us get out of the isle and out of the way. Another thing stores that put items up way to high and way to damn lows long with their price.

I know every one picks on Walmart but I must shop there. They cheapest game in town and only store I can catch the bus too. Wonder how many think I'm a texter while I shop since I always have my phone out. Reasons why

1. I use calculator to keep a running total.
2. Magnifier app so I can check stuff I may need to see that I can't do to my poor eyes.
3. Walmart app that talks to their system and if I can't see the price all I need to do is scan the barcode and let it know which location I'm at.

Last edited by Robert121571; 04-30-2013 at 06:55 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #8

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
must be one of the old timers that think the world "owes" him a olive and much more to boot for being old and paying his dues in life.
More likely, he has no money and is starving. If you think as you do instead of having a Christian attitude, you need to go to church more often. Or just go suck a banana.

Jim

Old 04-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #9

Liked 2032 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
More likely, he has no money and is starving. If you think as you do instead of having a Christian attitude, you need to go to church more often. Or just go suck a banana.

Jim
Wow! And you dare talk about other people's Christian Attitude.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post

Jim
Considering all of the programs out there like social security, welfare, food stamps, ect, I seriously doubt that was the case.

Telling someone to go suck a banana is not very Christian like at all. Maybe you need to go reread the good book.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-30-2013 at 07:59 AM.