Admited false advertising?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Admited false advertising?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Admited false advertising?

I will admit, I actually feel the need to "rant" about this for some reason.

I had recently purchased two items for a website that I've dealt with once before, with good results. I figured I'd go through them again for my dads birthday present as well as my girls valentines gift since both are around the same time frame.

After placing the order the money was withdrawn from my account, which is fairly normal. Because both dates where very soon I had selected "2-3day" shipping for an extra fee.

Here's where it starts to get a little stupid, the order was placed on the third. Due to the item not being shipped by the 4th I had asked them about it, their reply was that the one of the items was out of stock. Since it's my fault for not making sure it was in stock, I wasn't going to give them grief over that.

However, my items where shipped out on the 7th and still have. It arrived. Now keep in mind, I had paid for "2-3day" shipping. I had voice my opinion and heres what I had gotten as a response.

(very top message is asking about the delay of it not being sent, very bottom is their reply stating its out of stock. After that, all messages go from bottom to top in proper order.)

Although it might seem stingy, would you guys say that it's reasonable to ask for the cost of express shipping to be refunded in some way shape or form?

image-3717670903.jpg   image-1274519210.jpg   image-4081133098.jpg   image-165405284.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i agree with you Kaido, as you paid for 2-3 day shipping which is extra, they should have made the proper arrangements to make sure it was delivered in that time frame, and if they couldn't then informed you as such and not charged you for the extra shipping costs. i too, would be asking for a refnd of the shipping costs. you will probably have to deal with a supervisor or a manager to get this resolved.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #3

I'd say you have an argument especially with the message saying that it would take 7 Days. They probably charged you for the 2-3 Day and then when it came time to ship they flubbed it and only sent it standard. If you get the package in question see if there is anything on the label itself saying Priority or Standard or anything like that. If it says something that would indicate a Priority-type or Express shipping then your argument is with the Postal Service and they will probably tell you that they don't guarantee their stuff. It if says anything other then the company should step up and refund the difference since you were charged Express and only got the standard service.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

This very subject is why i will never order another thing from cabelas.

Had a big fishing trip coming, ordered a neoprene vest for the dog to help keep his old bones warm in the frigid river. paid for overnight shipping, (made the order at 9 a.m) 3 days later my package arrived delaying my departure time by over a day.

They gave me the run around so F**K 'EM...they will NEVER see another penny from me again. I was doing close to $500 a year,EVERY year, worth of business. All that money now goes elsewhere!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #5

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Im in a business where I probably understand ship times a little better than most and Im not going to argue with you or stick up for the shipper but you placed your order on the 9th and who knows what time ? so I wouldnt even expect it to ship until the 10th , generated paperwork , picking , packing and shipping pick up times which are always later in the day , which should be easily understood. now you ship on friday the 10th and you cannot expect it to ship on the weekend thats not a true business day " by their standards of course" . So back to monday a business day now its the 13th so in you eyes you already have 4 days in it and they consider it 2 days and I understand this. I ship a ton of stuff and alot of it goes over seas which is a whole different ball game . When I make a purchase and its on a thursday or friday or Saturday I will not use 2-3 day delivery ,I use standard shipping because of the non business day lag times .I will use 2-3 day on sunday - wed and thats it simply because you will get screwed trying to use it over a non business day " weekend " . hope that helps your understanding a little better . Its just the way the crappy shipping systems work. Also postal service has no guaranteed delivery , Its a estimated delivery time ,well except over night which doesnt always work either but I have gotten my money back from them in this issue

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-15-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #6

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I never pay for any expedited shipping. If the company gets it out on time, the shipping company may not get it to you in time (all of them, UPS, USPS, FED-EX etc, etc)

I have never had a package arrive when it was supposed to. And its funny, it takes me about a day and a half to receive a bill from texas (judging by actual postmark, not the dated letter head) but it takes me two weeks to get a check from a town 15 miles away (again, judged by the postmark)

And if I ever have anything shipped to my mom's house, its a 50/50 chance that it may not get there at all.

Screw shipping, I hate it. I only use it when I absolutely have to, and when that happens, I don't buy anything that I'm not willing to just outright lose the money I paid for it. I NEVER count on it getting to me.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #7

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I never pay for any expedited shipping. If the company gets it out on time, the shipping company may not get it to you in time (all of them, UPS, USPS, FED-EX etc, etc)

I have never had a package arrive when it was supposed to. And its funny, it takes me about a day and a half to receive a bill from texas (judging by actual postmark, not the dated letter head) but it takes me two weeks to get a check from a town 15 miles away (again, judged by the postmark)

And if I ever have anything shipped to my mom's house, its a 50/50 chance that it may not get there at all.

Screw shipping, I hate it. I only use it when I absolutely have to, and when that happens, I don't buy anything that I'm not willing to just outright lose the money I paid for it. I NEVER count on it getting to me.
Welcome back Trip ? where u been

Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
Im in a business where I probably understand ship times a little better than most and Im not going to argue with you or stick up for the shipper but you placed your order on the 9th and who knows what time ? so I wouldnt even expect it to ship until the 10th , generated paperwork , picking , packing and shipping pick up times which are always later in the day , which should be easily understood. now you ship on friday the 10th and you cannot expect it to ship on the weekend thats not a true business day " by their standards of course" . So back to monday a business day now its the 13th so in you eyes you already have 4 days in it and they consider it 2 days and I understand this. I ship a ton of stuff and alot of it goes over seas which is a whole different ball game . When I make a purchase and its on a thursday or friday or Saturday I will not use 2-3 day delivery ,I use standard shipping because of the non business day lag times .I will use 2-3 day on sunday - wed and thats it simply because you will get screwed trying to use it over a non business day " weekend " . hope that helps your understanding a little better . Its just the way the crappy shipping systems work. Also postal service has no guaranteed delivery , Its a estimated delivery time ,well except over night which doesnt always work either but I have gotten my money back from them in this issue
I'm no sure where you got the ninth from, but my order was place on the 5th. It wasn't shipped out due to lack I stock, until the seventh. So in my mind it should of been here no latter then the the tenth as that's three days. I would of gladly gone with standard shipping, but that's anywhere from 7-15 days with this site and with my dads birthday and valentines day less then two weeks away, I was going to chance it being here in the seven.

If I had thought of it sooner, I gladly would of gone with standard shipping.

I'm glad to see that I have reasonable "case" here. I was actually beginning to think that I might just be being a prude for asking for either a refund or 20.00 off my next purchase.

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on how this is going though.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 593

I usually have very good luck shipping with Fed Ex and UPS. I get a tracking number and if UPS says it will deliver on a certain day it arrives on that day. I was wondering yesterday though. My package arrived at 8:30 PM. Valentines Day deliveries. I felt sorry for the driver. The only time I had a problem with UPS was when I had a package shipped to my daughters house instead of my house. The driver saw the name and delivered it to my sons house which is 5 houses away. Airhead DIL put the package in the closet and forgot about it. Postal Service is a crap shoot.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I usually have very good luck shipping with Fed Ex and UPS. I get a tracking number and if UPS says it will deliver on a certain day it arrives on that day. I was wondering yesterday though. My package arrived at 8:30 PM. Valentines Day deliveries. I felt sorry for the driver. The only time I had a problem with UPS was when I had a package shipped to my daughters house instead of my house. The driver saw the name and delivered it to my sons house which is 5 houses away. Airhead DIL put the package in the closet and forgot about it. Postal Service is a crap shoot.
I'd rather have it be on time and five doors down then late as can be though. Postal service really is crumby man. I've had them put something like 564 674 1935 on for the contact number......mine number is 780 *** **37, so how that worked out, I've got no flipping idea.