Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   addiction (rant) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/addiction-rant-11756/)

roosterjuicer 03-11-2009 08:21 PM

addiction (rant)

we all have our addictions, smoking, chewing, drinking, crack, you name it.

but now i think i have a new one...SHOOTING! I like to go down to the range on wednesdays and sharpen the Glock skills but for some reason, going once a week just doesn't seem to cut it for me anymore and now im thinking about going wednesdays and thursdays. But now i feel like a crack addict to where just smoking one rock doesn't do it for me anymore and now i have to do two. how long untill 2 doesn't do it for me anymore?

I'm sure some other people on this message board are suffering from a similar disease, perhaps i should title this thread "shootaholics anonymous"...

Hi, Im Jim and Im a Shootaholic...

SGT-MILLER 03-11-2009 08:22 PM

If I could I would be at the range every day for at least an hour......WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!!

:D

hunter Joe 03-11-2009 08:30 PM

I've been shooting the Mark II at least twice a week. Been working on trigger control. Release the trigger only far enough until the sear re-engages, shoot again. Groups are starting to get real tight. Now it is time to switch to the Mod. 22. Yes I'm a target junkie.

roosterjuicer 03-11-2009 08:32 PM

i need to work on my trigger control. i can shoot pretty well, but sometimes i notice a get a little impatient and pull a little too fast rather than squeeze ive been getting better but today was a bit more of an off day than usual.:mad:

Dillinger 03-11-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roosterjuicer (Post 80942)
but today was a bit more of an off day than usual.:mad:

There are some days that you just have to realize it's not a range day for you and trying to fight through it makes it worse. I have tried and tried to explain that to people, but until you experience it, you just keep defeating yourself. *shrug*

Some days I really have it. Some days I am good enough. Some days I can't seem to even hit the same spot from one target to the other and those days I just hang them up and retreat without doing any damage to my self confidence.

My day out with my recent 1911 build was like that. I was all amped up and I was all over the place early. I fought through it, because I wanted to beat Cane to the Range Report, but normally I would have walked away and saved myself the self cursing... LOL

JD

roosterjuicer 03-11-2009 08:45 PM

Good point JD.

I took a friend of mine with me today who, while a conservative, has an irrational fear of guns mostly caused by his mothers irrational fear of guns. he has never been shooting before in his life. needless to say he loves it now even though i kept him limited to my .22 bolt action rifle.

i explained the whole "off day" thing to him basically like a baseball player. Even the best hitters go through slumps which are often made worse by them trying to fight through it, over compensate, and generally just trying to hard. you are absolutely correct, sometimes you need to just step back and take a load off.

user4 03-11-2009 08:49 PM

I have ZERO addictions. I'm a control freak.

dango 03-11-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ineffable (Post 80955)
I have ZERO addictions. I'm a control freak.

So,your addiction is control ?

user4 03-11-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango (Post 81001)
So,your addiction is control ?

Nope. I'm in control.

spittinfire 03-11-2009 11:04 PM

Hello, I'm spittinfire and I'm a shootaholic.

ineff...you aren't in control. Sorry bud.