Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Action Hero Deathmatch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 04:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Norris fought in a time when the tournaments were brutal. Of everyone mentioned, he's the real deal. He is a fighter who became an actor, not an actor who learned to fight to get a role.

Li was a martial artist by profession.

I like the way this is shaping up, but I have a twist when it's all done.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #22

Jack Bauer would kick all of their butts!

Ricardokid

Sig P226 TT
Sig P228
Sig P229 RTT
Sig P239 TT
Sig P250 TT
Beretta 84 FS
Beretta PX4 SC
Walther P22

Old 10-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #23

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Norris fought in a time when the tournaments were brutal.
I spent over 6 years bringing my son to tournaments all over the East coast - and "sparring" at the black belt level has always been pretty physical. My son would come home pretty bruised and battered - but he never lost a match.

He was disqualified twice for knocking out his opponent - when they refused to give him "points" for clean hits.

In their prime I'd have to go with Chuck over Jet Li - as a good big man will beat a good little man every time...

Old 10-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I spent over 6 years bringing my son to tournaments all over the East coast - and "sparring" at the black belt level has always been pretty physical. My son would come home pretty bruised and battered - but he never lost a match.

He was disqualified twice for knocking out his opponent - when they refused to give him "points" for clean hits.

In their prime I'd have to go with Chuck over Jet Li - as a good big man will beat a good little man every time...
I still occaisionally do a tournament, usually go to work afterwards with a black eye.

They've lightened considerably over the years. In the Chuck era, no pads, no headgear, and no tag, you had to throw a technique with authority, landing wasn't enough, you had to sell that your shot would have killed the guy if you didn't hold back. To hear the old guys tell it, teeth would often fly.

To be fair, as I understand the history, when Chuck got involved, there weren't alot of Korean stylists fighting. So alot of his arsenal had never been seen before, and was impossible to defend against.

I have to concur with my brother NGIB, Norris in a hard fought and bloody victory.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #25

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Chuck would win the whole thing hands down.... If Bruce Lee says you're a badass, then you are officially a badass. No questions asked....

Old 10-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A couple names that maybe should have been included, one was the master, the other his top student, and now a master.

Bruce Lee

Dan Inosanto

Old 10-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

But with all the ones originally mentioned, and all of them fighting in their prime, I would give it to Jet Li. Sure a good big guy is a force to be reckoned with, but a good little guy would have the speed and agility to stick and move. Chuck was very good, no doubting that with 6 years in a row of holding the title. He had the power and the speed that not too many traditional martial artists were used to seeing at the time. But alot of the fighters he went up against had little experience with Tang Soo Do.

But I think Jet Li's speed and quickness, would still give him the edge. Ancient Chinese secrets for the win

Old 10-24-2009, 02:02 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Wushu is as much an art as Aikido. Jet Li nice to watch put on a play. Lots of Flash. Kinda like Capoeira a dance.

You want a real fighter put Cung Le in there to Whoop em all.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #29
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Late in the vote but here it is

1) David Carradine vs. Hulk Hogan, Hulk for the win, more body mass, both were prentenders but in a fight Hulk wins in round three.

2) Steven Seagal vs. Sly Stallone Seagal wins, he has honest training and Stallone couldn't hold up, dropped in the first round.

3) Van Damme vs. Jackie Chan, Chan in the fifth round, lots of jumping about and almost strikes in the four rounds then Chan puts foot to face and Vandam is done

4) Chuck Norris vs. Ahnold Schwarzenegger, Norris in the first round by default, Schwarzenegger didn't pass the drug test.

Round two nobody cared.

Other sugestions for up comming matches would be Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Bruce Lee, Gary Busey and Hilliary Clinton. Who else should be added to line up?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 10-24-2009 at 03:01 AM.